American airline troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You've sung the praises of the Verifly app before, and I just looked at the reviews on Google Play again. I have never seen so many 1 star reviews in my life. People, in general, detest it. We have an AA flight coming up. Do you have any thoughts or advice?
Early on the Verfly app was pretty buggy and they seemed to lack folks to review the pictures of test results quickly. Since last summer they seemed to get their act together and the approval has been pretty fast. If it is not approved by the time you get to the airport the station personal at the airport can quickly glance at your results (paper or a picture on your phone) and type their authorization code into the Kiosk. The local personnel who work for the airlines and want you to fly, they are not government workers. Holding up passengers or nit picking documents makes their job of getting the flight out on time with ALL of the passengers harder.

But, it can be done!
X2eACbBh.jpg
My mind instantly went somewhere else 😉🤣🤣

Re: VeriFly

App and review worked fine/quickly when preparing for my trip to the Bahamas several weeks back.

Departing from Philadelphia, I was told that I still had to go through the full check-in line. I showed VeriFly, but still had to show: passport, covid vax record, covid test, AND Bahamas travel authorization (which, like VeriFly covers all 3 documents). When I got to the gate, I was paged and had to show all of the documentation AGAIN. AA at Philly is a bit of a mess with procedures.

Returning from the Bahamas I didn't bother with VeriFly, showed my Passport and Covid test to the agent standing at the kiosk terminal, she handed me my boarding pass, I checked my bag, basically walked through security (PreCheck) and US Customs/Immigration.

Basically, app and review worked OK, YMMV on results depending on where you are traveling through ...

You've sung the praises of the Verifly app before, and I just looked at the reviews on Google Play again. I have never seen so many 1 star reviews in my life. People, in general, detest it. We have an AA flight coming up. Do you have any thoughts or advice?

What we’re the complaints of the 1 star reviewers? I wonder if they get frustrated that the process can’t be completed in one sitting? You do have to do it in steps - and I forgot to mention that when you upload your test results you have to wait for them to be manually reviewed. At that point they will tell you the approximate wait time (one hour when I submitted ours). If you’re in a hurry you can pay for expedited review.

Bottom line, if you procrastinate or don’t complete the entire process it may feel like a bust. But it works great for us. It certainly won’t hurt to do it. If AA doesn’t accept it at the airport you really haven’t lost anything other than a few minutes of your time. If they accept it, it’s very helpful.

Re: VeriFly

App and review worked fine/quickly when preparing for my trip to the Bahamas several weeks back.

Departing from Philadelphia, I was told that I still had to go through the full check-in line. I showed VeriFly, but still had to show: passport, covid vax record, covid test, AND Bahamas travel authorization (which, like VeriFly covers all 3 documents). When I got to the gate, I was paged and had to show all of the documentation AGAIN. AA at Philly is a bit of a mess with procedures.

Returning from the Bahamas I didn't bother with VeriFly, showed my Passport and Covid test to the agent standing at the kiosk terminal, she handed me my boarding pass, I checked my bag, basically walked through security (PreCheck) and US Customs/Immigration.

Basically, app and review worked OK, YMMV on results depending on where you are traveling through ...

VeriFly is to return to the US - not to leave.

What we’re the complaints of the 1 star reviewers? I wonder if they get frustrated that the process can’t be completed in one sitting? You do have to do it in steps - and I forgot to mention that when you upload your test results you have to wait for them to be manually reviewed. At that point they will tell you the approximate wait time (one hour when I submitted ours). If you’re in a hurry you can pay for expedited review.

Bottom line, if you procrastinate or don’t complete the entire process it may feel like a bust. But it works great for us. It certainly won’t hurt to do it. If AA doesn’t accept it at the airport you really haven’t lost anything other than a few minutes of your time. If they accept it, it’s very helpful.
Also want to add that I have an iPhone. I was just reading some of the horrible reviews about not being able to take a picture (no problem for us) and not being able to add test results pdf (uploaded fine from file stored on my phone). Maybe the app doesn’t work well with androids?

Also want to add that I have an iPhone. I was just reading some of the horrible reviews about not being able to take a picture (no problem for us) and not being able to add test results pdf (uploaded fine from file stored on my phone). Maybe the app doesn’t work well with androids?
Works fine on my Android

VeriFly is to return to the US - not to leave.

Yes to the first, no to the second. :wink:

VeriFLY supports all international flights into the U.S.

• Pass - A Trip to the USA
VeriFLY supports all flights from the U.S. to the following location(s):

CountryPass
Antigua & BarbudaA Trip to Antigua & Barbuda
ArgentinaA Trip to Argentina
ArubaA Trip to Aruba
AustraliaA Trip to Australia
BahamasA Trip to the Bahamas
BarbadosA Trip to Barbados
BelizeA Trip to Belize
BermudaA Trip to Bermuda
BrazilA Trip to Brazil
CanadaA Trip to Canada
Cayman IslandsA Trip to Cayman Islands
ColombiaA Trip to Colombia
CuracaoA Trip to Curacao
EcuadorA Trip to Ecuador
FranceA Trip to France
GermanyA Trip to Germany
Greece (seasonal)A Trip to Greece
GrenadaA Trip to Grenada
GuatemalaA Trip to Guatemala
GuyanaA Trip to Guyana
HondurasA Trip to Honduras
IndiaA Trip to India
ItalyA Trip to Italy
IsraelA Trip to Israel
JamaicaA Trip to Jamaica
JapanA Trip to Japan
NetherlandsA Trip to the Netherlands
PanamaA Trip to Panama
PeruA Trip to Peru
Sint MaartenA Trip to Sint Maarten
SpainA Trip to Spain
St Kitts & NevisA Trip to St Kitts & Nevis
St. LuciaA Trip to St. Lucia
SwitzerlandA trip to Switzerland
Trinidad & TobagoA trip to Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & CaicosA Trip to Turks & Caicos

Works fine on my Android
Android also. No problems.

I will add that having a corresponding web-based portal would make things way easier. I am not a millennial or teenager - and I have an nice 40" display with keyboard and trackball on my desk - muy bueno.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom