American airline troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it direct/non stop?
Yep.

1649954906775.png

Is it direct/non stop?
It a direct using an Embraer 175 which has plenty of space for cargo and more cabin space per passenger than a 737.

1649957462082.png
1649957516947.png

I wish we had more 175's as I have always thought that an evening in morning out flight from DFW to CZM would plug a big hole in AA's schedule to the island (and make my travels a lot easier). AA tried it with a 737 -800, in 2013 or 14 but it did not pan out as the normal load was about 70 passengers, which would be perfect for a 175.

With the increase in population and high paying jobs in the Austin & San Antonio area AA has been creating a mini-hub in Austin with a lot more direct flights to all points of the compass.

With the increase in population and high paying jobs in the Austin & San Antonio area AA has been creating a mini-hub in Austin with a lot more direct flights to all points of the compass.
That's good news/bad news. The good is the increase in available flights. the bad is that the Austin airport is already too small for the existing traffic, and sometimes the security lines stretch out the doors of the building and traffic backs up a quarter mile outside the dropoff zone.

I imagine that's the pre-check line. Saturday is often the biggest backup at many airports security since it is the heavy non business travel day. Kids are OK but the parents can be a problem.

I imagine that's the pre-check line. Saturday is often the biggest backup at many airports security since it is the heavy non business travel day. Kids are OK but the parents can be a problem.
It's everything. On a Monday morning a few weeks ago things were so bad that some people arriving at the airport in rental cars just abandoned them where they were stuck in traffic and walked to the terminal. ABIA has a serious problem.

Back
Top Bottom