Air-Integrated Computers

Air-Integration:

• A useful and convenient feature. My computer has it OR if I were buying one I would get AI

Votes: 258 69.7%
  • A useful feature, but isn’t worth the $$$

Votes: 57 15.4%
  • A useless gimmick to relieve newbies like Lemonade of their money

Votes: 41 11.1%
  • Tables are diver’s best friends

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two important traits of a scuba diver.
jamiei once bubbled...
some of the parts used in the "european" plans that are available are either difficult to find or not available in the U.S. It is possible to find them or work around them though. I had trouble locating a 27k ohm resistor and now use a 22k and a 4.7k in its place.

thanks diver buoy... again... if anyone has questions about building them or needs help with a particular aspect... I'll do all I can. Someone mentioned me selling just the etched and drilled circuit board so people could just plug in the parts and solder it together. I'm also open to doing this or selling a "kit" of what I build them from. Let me know if anyone is interested. I draw the circuit boards by hand and etch them. If you're not familiar with doing this, it can be tricky and a pain, but if you're patient you should have no problems.

techdiver12 once bubbled...
I f you want the competer of competer VR3 you can not beat it

Except for the fact it's grossly overpriced, needs 2 software packages and non-standard IR port to be of any use, and the buttons still fall off?

And its not AI, which is what this thread is about :)

Hi

I've got a Vytec with Transmitter. Its for convenience really as I look at depth and dive time on Wrist I can monitor air at the same time. I don't hook mine up to PC yet because I use them all day and doesn't seem to give a real benefit really. I like the Vytec because you can change to your deco gas and the algorithm counts that in your deco profile. Have not played with three gasses.

I also use an analogue SPG though as per DIR for backup in case signal lost for whatever reason.

The only thing I am a little uneasy with is that the transmitter seals by o ring only and is only fastened finger tight. I don't really fancy the idea of a leak or o ring failure there.

I'm moving to twin sets in Spring and I don't think I'll use it then because of deeper depths etc. but I will use it on holiday in red sea again with an analogue backup just in case.

I'm doing exactly the same thing as wetlettuce, except I'm downloading the dives to my PC, which gives some great data like SAC for each dive, and also gives you a profile graph - I've noticed since I started using the download feature, my profiles are becoming more "optimal" with defined bottom times during the dive, and cleaner ascents - it's great to be able to see a reference after the dive of where you are doing safety stops on ascent, how much you actually descend(!) again during ascents and safety stops, etc. I'm more concientious during the dive of how bumbling around and not sticking to the plan is going to affect the profile, because it will show up later on the PC - and when I move into more advanced diving that calls for tables and gauges (although Uncle Pug would have something different to say on when tables and gauges are required!), I will be more disciplined in sticking to pre-planned profiles. Maybe.

I use the backup SPG, and the transmitter - although I might skip the transmitter on future overhead dives, as I've already dinged it once inside of a wreck, and it is a bit of a major failure point if you lose integrity on a HP port! But for open water, I wouldn't dream of diving without it now. The more I use it the more I appreciate it.

Just annoys me how conservative the algorithm on this computer is compared to my buddy's Cochran.

Ben

I'm with Roak, slit my wrists....

I do not want to dive with anyone that has a hoseless system. The constant beeping the damn thing gives off because it is out of range of the sending unit drives me crazy!

Hold on, mybe I should slit buddies wrist, take the computer, sell it and retire.

I USE THE AIR-Z BY UWATEC...LOVE IT...IT HAS ACTUALLY HELPED ME USE LESS AIR WITH ITS RESPIRATION ALARM....ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE A DATE OR TIME.

:huh: I am also looking to upgrade our current Aeris 300G's, since the Dive Downloader software Aeris uses doesn't like Windows XP (and it looks like Aeris has no interest in doing an upgrade).

Frankly, am leaning toward one of the Uwatec AI's, but need to find out whether Uwatec's software works on XP -- if it's on their Web site, I missed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom