Air-Integrated Computers

Air-Integration:

• A useful and convenient feature. My computer has it OR if I were buying one I would get AI

Votes: 258 69.7%
  • A useful feature, but isn’t worth the $$$

Votes: 57 15.4%
  • A useless gimmick to relieve newbies like Lemonade of their money

Votes: 41 11.1%
  • Tables are diver’s best friends

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lemonade

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m at the research stage of buying my first computer. Decisions, decisions… I do know I want Nitrox-capable one. I do lean towards certain brands. One thing I have not made up my mind about is Air-Integration feature. Or should I say Gas-Integration? :wink: Most people say: “It seems nice, but I don’t mind checking my gauge.” I don’t mind checking my gauge either, will do anyway, even with an AI computer.
Also it should be taken in consideration that comparable AI computer is significantly more expensive than non-AI one.

So, what do ScubaBoarders think?

I hope Roakey does not mind me qouting him. He had a response to another topic that asked why you would have two HP ports on a reg, and I think this was the best answer I have heard. The reason I am posting it here, is because it refers to air integrated computers.

One port is for the hoseless pressure transmitter for the wrist mounted computer and the other for the backup SPG console with integrated computer/compass/divetracker.

This way when you're alone on a dive boat and the DM asks you to buddy with someone with the above mentioned configuration, you can look the DM in the eye and tell them you'd rather they slit your wrists and push you overboard with your air off in shark infested waters. The suffering will be much shorter.

If there was only one HP port, there'd be no way for divers like this to warn you off.

Roak

Gotta Love it! :D

But something tells me it WILL affect results of the poll. :)

I do like my AI Genesis, I would purchase another AI if this one dies. I like the fact that I dont have all these hoses hanging all over the place - Have Air II type octo, so have primary and BC attachment, AI is on a cable on BC. With photography, it helps I dont get hung up on the coral when I'm concentrating on a pics.
Dive Safe
Caymaniac:thinkingo

one less thing to dangle.......

With all due respect to those of you who like the AI units, I have some things I would like to say. I feel that you are free to dive with the gear you like, and am not going to hold it against anyone. As long as you are safe in what you do, and do not tear up the reefs/floors/bottom with your gear. I just have to ask the question about the comment, one less hose to dangle. Your hoses should not be dangling period, so this to me is not a valid point. Why would you let your hoses dangle in the first place?

This is not meant to offend anyone, simply to ask a question.

hit the nail on the head Big James! But how many times do you see SPG and Octupus's dangling free? For me at the moment just about every "local" dive I do - including a certain PADI Course Director that was pointed out to me a couple of weeks ago.....

When my instructor told who it was I was extremely shocked - guess that's why most of the Japanese like to dangle.....

Jonathan

I have a Cobra it’s great! Air integration allows a running estimation of remaining airtime. The only reason I can see for not getting an AI computer is if you can’t afford it.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom