Peregrine AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undrwtr1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Went to my LDS to take a look at the Tern TX - which they didn’t have available. Guy in store was insisting Shearwater told him Peregrine AI is coming and that if I prefer the form factor of the Peregrine (my old eyes do like the bigger size) I should “pre-order one” for when it’s announced. I thought the guy was full of it but figured I’d check here if anyone had any inside info.

Also, is the swift transmitter always $100 off when you buy a computer/transmitter combo or is that a limited deal with the new Tern TX? Any info would be appreciated. As a point of reference I’m in my late 50s and now only dive recreationally - no need for the tech features of the Teric or Perdix - but want AI and trying to save a few bucks because I have to buy another for the wife as well!

I can only hope. Doubt anyone here knows and/or is able to confirm until SW announces it publicly.

But, it really wouldn't surprise me. Looking through their current lineup, the Peregrine is the only model that doesn't offer AI. Used to be none of them did, but that's definitely changed. With the Tern TX hitting the market, and aimed at the Rec sector, a Peregrine 2/Peregrine TX seems plausible.

Don't know how the guy in your LDS expects you to pre-order something that doesn't appear to be available for pre-order at the moment.

Went to my LDS to take a look at the Tern TX - which they didn’t have available. Guy in store was insisting Shearwater told him Peregrine AI is coming and that if I prefer the form factor of the Peregrine (my old eyes do like the bigger size) I should “pre-order one” for when it’s announced. I thought the guy was full of it but figured I’d check here if anyone had any inside info.

Also, is the swift transmitter always $100 off when you buy a computer/transmitter combo or is that a limited deal with the new Tern TX? Any info would be appreciated. As a point of reference I’m in my late 50s and now only dive recreationally - no need for the tech features of the Teric or Perdix - but want AI and trying to save a few bucks because I have to buy another for the wife as well!
Tern TX, Teric, and Perdix all currently come with a bundled Swift for $100 off.

An air integrated Peregrine makes sense, it would fill out Shearwater's current line up with a watch style and console style for everyone, covering the entire price range from $550-$1470:

Tern $650
Tern TX $775, $1075 with bundled Swift
Teric $1170, $1470 with bundled Swift
Peregrine $550
Peregrine TX $675, $975 with bundled Swift
Perdix $1165, $1465 with bundled Swift

Of course, I made this up :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom