Absurd dive equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absurd Gear:

Split Fins
Spare Air
Pony Tanks
Air 2 and copies
Jacket BCs
"Tech" BCs
Snorkel
Console
HUB
Retractors
Octo Holders

ScottyK once bubbled...

Hey! I love those!!!

OK....Just kidding...I couldn't resist :D

I haven't seen them advertised in a while, but I remember getting a smile from a product who's name I can no longer remember.

It was a squeezeable pouch with a tube that you inserted through your mouthpiece. The premise was that you filled it with your beverage of choice, and squeezed the bag to get a drink while diving.

I was trying to imagine what happened when you unxpectedly bump the bag, or squeeze it too hard and start choking at 100' :rolleyes:

That product is called a "SCUDA", meaning self-contained underwater drinking apparatus. They are still being sold today. You replace the mouthpiece on your second stage with the scuda mouthpiece that has a tube coming through the bite tab. You then fill the bag with fruit juice or water, wrap the bag around your primary hose, and you're all set. BTW, there's a on-off valve to keep the contents of the pouch out of your regulator when you're not using it.

I'd have to say one of those little ball thingies that holds your backup reg in place. Mine is alwasy falling out and $6.00 for it is a rip off.

maybe this is a stupid question, but if it keeps falling out, why keep using it???:confused:

I use it because it is the best thing I can find right now to use on my bp/wing bc. I dont have the five foot hose or the bunggied necklace yet so I just put my backup in the little ball. I might adventually get one of the Scubapro holders, they seem to work good for my dad. And correction, it doesnt fall out all the time its just a pain to put back in when it does fall out.

I have the ScubaPro octo holder and can tell you that although it is not perfect, it does hold the octo better than most.

Mitten Diver

Tekdiver10 once bubbled...
I use it because it is the best thing I can find right now to use on my bp/wing bc. I dont have the five foot hose or the bunggied necklace yet so I just put my backup in the little ball. I might adventually get one of the Scubapro holders, they seem to work good for my dad. And correction, it doesnt fall out all the time its just a pain to put back in when it does fall out.

The best Octo holder I've found looks just like a snorkel keeper (little piece of rubber that has a circle on each end...one smaller than the other)...but it has a square on one side...so I just wrap it around a D-ring and the square part goes through the circle and it's attached to my D-ring....then my octo mouthpiece goes into the little square. It's small simple and very effective.

While I'm posting here....what issues do folks have with retractors?

Peace,
Cathie

CuriousMe once bubbled...

The best Octo holder I've found looks just like a snorkel keeper (little piece of rubber that has a circle on each end...one smaller than the other)...but it has a square on one side...so I just wrap it around a D-ring and the square part goes through the circle and it's attached to my D-ring....then my octo mouthpiece goes into the little square. It's small simple and very effective.

While I'm posting here....what issues do folks have with retractors?

Peace,
Cathie

I use a regular old snorkel keeper to hold it in place, and one of those ball things on the end to keep junk out and provide color. It's all connected with a nylon tie. Sounds like it would be hard to remove, but it's not, just pull. The ball thing provides no resistance at all, I've never found one that holds a reg for long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom