Absurd dive equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absurd gear: any piece of dive gear that includes metal that is not rust-proof.

Over the years I have seen dive bags with the straps connected to the bag by steel loops that rusted on the first contact with sea water. I have seen dive torches with metal clips that rusted on the first dive trip. I have seen dive knives where the blade is rust-proof but not the guard on the handle. I have seen camera housings where everything is rust-proof except the screws holding it together...

Come on, manufacturers, we are paying enough. Please use rust-proof metals or stick with plastics! These things need to be able to co-exist with sea water.

Has the underwater MP3 player been mentioned yet?

I know that I find my dives to be boring and repetitious, so the thought of bringing along some tunes would really help pass the time, not to mention tune out that boring buddy of mine, always trying to get my attention, to show me some fish, or plant, or crayfish, or etc. Now, I can dive in my own little world, to MY life soundtrack. So, can I get it in "DIR" black?

The MP3 players is more for deco stops. Hanging on a line in the same spot for 20 minutes with nothing to see is not too much fun. I know some dive computers have games on them as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom