Absurd dive equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im no way a Technical Diver, I just like all the gizmos and technology that goes into scuba diving. I hope my name doesn't imply that I am a technical diver or that I go beyond the recreational limits of scuba diving, which I do not. Im just diving for fun.

Tekdiver10 is not a tech diver.

However, I AM a pipedope!
That is, I not only dive into pipes I am dope enough to do it again and again, for money even. :D

What is the big deal about my name. Real divers really wouldn't care what my name is. They would say "cool lets go diving." Im only hear to learn and share my knowledge with "real divers" not ones that care about a name.

A buddy of mine has a BC (old) with a little CO2 cartridge powered inflator. Out of air, dumped your weight belt and still stuck on the bottom? Just pull the handy cord and this clever device dumps the contents of the cartridge into your BC and your back on the boat telling stories in no time… especially useful if your J-valve was inadvertently pulled (ok sorry, I know you J-valve guys have taken way too much flack already but I just couldn’t resist).

12” of shock cord +1 zip tie + 5 minutes = necklace. For the $2.28 it’s worth a shot.

Tekdiver10 once bubbled...
What is the big deal about my name. Real divers really wouldn't care what my name is. They would say "cool lets go diving." Im only hear to learn and share my knowledge with "real divers" not ones that care about a name.

Yeah, pipedope and Boogie probably aren't real divers. :D

Not that it makes any difference to me (or probably anyone else for that matter), but if you aren't a "technical" diver, then why did you call yourself "Tekdiver?"

I agree with you on the octo holder, by the way... So I switched to the long hose primary/bungieed backup deal... And I highly recommend it.

...And I'm not a "technical" diver. :D

:D

Just an observation, please don't take it hard.

BTW I am not a real diver.
I am trying to get away from making my living by diving. My body just doesn't want to do that much hard work anymore.

I have only been diving for 25 years.

If you come to Homosassa FL, look me up, we can go diving.
Warning, I will dive in nearly anything. Much of what I dive in could better be called soup than water. Some of it is not nearly as nice as soup. :D

Commercial Diver, $5 a day and all you can eat. :eek:ut:

Like I said, I am really a pipedope, I get paid to dive in pipes, and other places. Actually I get paid to get some work done and the job site just happens to be underwater. :D

Its cool Pipedope. That was kind of harsh on my part, I just got a little ticked, it was a bad day.:D I take back what I said about the "real diver." It was very childish on my part. If im ever in Florida we should hook up and do some diving.:)
Tekdiver10

ScottyK once bubbled...

Hey! I love those!!!

OK....Just kidding...I couldn't resist :D

I haven't seen them advertised in a while, but I remember getting a smile from a product who's name I can no longer remember.

It was a squeezeable pouch with a tube that you inserted through your mouthpiece. The premise was that you filled it with your beverage of choice, and squeezed the bag to get a drink while diving.

I was trying to imagine what happened when you unxpectedly bump the bag, or squeeze it too hard and start choking at 100' :rolleyes:

:doctor: Scooty K it's called the SCUDA
Self Contained Underwater Drinkning Apparatus

Coberry 7 said
Quit pissing on each other and respect the differences in the dives that you will be doing.

Seems to be that most of the ridicule is coming from the minimalist divers, though. I saw the same trend in backpacking and climbing.

When will I ever escape those that feel superior based on methods, techniques, and equipment?

I'm tired of Prima Donna's that feel that their way is the only 'RIGHT' way.

Have fun, quit ridiculing other's methods and choices and by default, those that gear up differently than you.

This crap disgusts me.

AMEN :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom