Absurd dive equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow a captain and a crew that runs on nuclear power ???
that has to be the greatest...

what about a nose hair trimmer for underwater use ??
or
or an underwater videoplayer without monitor
or
underwater skies for skiing down the bottomsilt
or
pots and pans for underwater cookingclasses
or
base jumping kit for underwater use to jump the walls..

anything that might be interesting ?

ScubaRon:
Any other absurd idea's?

Hey, how about $85 titanium knives to cut fruit after the dive.

Or $65 fin straps made of metal finger pinching springs. :)

(OOoopsss... cover up!)

-=[Gabe]=-
Dive More in '04!!

DivesWithTurtle:
Or $65 fin straps made of metal finger pinching springs. :)

(OOoopsss... cover up!)

-=[Gabe]=-
WHAT?!!!
If you can stretch a pair of spring straps far enough to pinch your finger, you're doing something wrong!
A sping strap is better than any rubber fin strap, anywhere, anytime!
And mine cost $35.

I spent $75 on mine... Yes, I know it was a rediculous expense, but I didn't feel that way after having lost a fin twice the day before due to crappy quick-release buckle design. I simply Ebayed a $70 pigsticker dive knife, a snorkel, and some extra hoses I had lying around (simultaneously too short and too long) and I was able to afford my spring straps and have enough left over for a couple more tank fills and gas for the car so that I could do some more diving... :biggrin:

SeaJay:
I spent $75 on mine... Yes, I know it was a rediculous expense, but I didn't feel that way after having lost a fin twice the day before due to crappy quick-release buckle design. I simply Ebayed a $70 pigsticker dive knife... :biggrin:

Now, what were you doing with a $70 knife? You got to get a hold of yourself and stop these ridiculous impulse buys! $75 for fin straps! Sheesh, they should be gold plated and have diamond studs at the attachment points. :)

Think about it. FIN STRAPS.

(OOOooppss... sorry. I didn't mean to rant on you. But I get carried away sometimes... like you.)

:biggrin:

-=[Gabe]=-

Lol...

Well, I'd have paid $170 for them the day before, when I was doing a penetration dive on the Spiegel Grove and kept losing one of my fins.

Now... A $70 knife is a frivilous and pointless expense. I bought it when I first got into scuba really heavily, and I felt that I needed it.

I was wrong. :biggrin: Ah, well...

Other things that I will spend money on:

1. More education
2. The right breathing gas
3. Bulletproof equipment, including fin straps and a bp/wing
4. Backup lights that are $90 each
5. A primary light for $1300

...Know why? 'Cause I consider that stuff life support. Failure of those things could cause a life-threatening situation with the sort of diving I'm doing.

What I won't spend money on:

1. SCUDAS
2. HUBs
3. Giant knives, no matter how cool looking :biggrin:
4. Split fins
5. An "octopus"

...And other things mentioned here.

But hey, one man's treasure is another man's trash, I guess.

I have split fins and love them. I think you use a bit more energy, but I've gotten used to them and am quite satisfied. I have the ScubaPro Twin Jet's.

SeaJay:
I spent $75 on mine... and I was able to afford my spring straps

You spent way too much for your spring straps...springs

Back
Top Bottom