A word of Caution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaStore's claim they are an authorized dealer is bullschitt apparently. I have to say, I'm surprized they'd make such a boldface lie on their website.

Hello Brian-

Thank you for your email. In response, ScubaStore (aka DiveInn) is not an authorized TUSA retailer for the U.S. or for the European market and has never been one; although they are advertising our name on their website.

We at TUSA stand behind all of our products manufactured and sold; and with every purchase a warranty card is added. In this situation, the consumer purchased a dive computer that did not have this included (which already is a red flag since we suggest that all products of ours be registered in our database). We can only warrant any product purchased on our website Home : Tabata USA, Inc. | TUSA | VIEW | Reef Tourer | SEA&SEA | SEA HORNET or through an authorized TUSA dealer which may be confirmed on the site or by calling our Customer Service department (800) 482-2282.

We are aware of the suggestion on their site that they are an authorized outlet and we are working to rectify the situation through our European offices.

We thank you for your contact and I hope that this email is taken as clarification to your questions.

Kindest regards,

Customer Service Representative
Tabata, USA

Last edited by a moderator:
True, and if he was the one at fault -- e.g., he gave them two bogus credit card #s, then complained that shipping took so long -- I'd agree he's just on a vendetta. But from his posts, it sounds like Shaefer's only sin might have been not doing enough research to know not to buy from ScubaStore. If that's because they are shady or falsely advertise themselves as authorized, then I'd say he was right to reiterate the caution. Had he done it just a week or two earlier I might not have even considered buying from them; it was just luck (and a flexible LDS) that I didn't!

Back to the topic, I checked with ScubaPro about ScubaStore's status and they informed me that they "are an authorized ScubaPro dealer" and gave me no indication that it wouldn't function the same as if I had bought stateside. I didn't ask whether warranty service would have to go via the EU though, but I'd think they'd tell me that!

Very interesting. It does look like Scubapro has made some drastic changes on this subject. But they still have an apparent prohibition against internet sales. If you expect support from a USA Scubapro LDS for a Scubastore internet purchased regulator, I would suggest a check with the LDS first. I suspect it will take some time to get all parties in agreement on this.

ScubaStore's claim they are an authorized dealer is bullschitt apparently. I have to say, I'm surprized they'd make such a boldface lie on their website.

Wow..most definetly NOT buying anything from that place. Sheesh.

Obviously there are exceptions. However...30 seconds of searching found these guys

Kuwait Mantas Scuba Diving Club, Kuwait

I've no idea of course where they are in relation to you but I've a feeling that anywhere theres is a reasonably sized city with water nearby..there's gonna be a dive shop. That's based on nothing more than a gut feeling, so...
I never said there werent any LDS's in the area, I just said they really werent an option. Only one of those three listed really had any sort of selection of gear and I did make my purchase of essential gear from them. I bought a set of fins, a mask, booties, a snorkel and a dive gear bag. I cost me the equivalent of about $350 U.S. dollars. A rough estimate for the same items in the states would be $175-$225 US dollars. Those were pretty much the essentials you really cant buy online without trying on for size first. I dont know about you, but I surely am not going to pay double for everything I need just to support the LDS here in Kuwait, that has no problem jacking the prices up for us 'rich americans" which I am not. why should I support the LDS here in Kuwait when they pretty much charge exorborant prices just because they know that they are pretty much the only game in town.

Wow..most definetly NOT buying anything from that place. Sheesh.

I wasn't a big fan of them in the first place.... because of their record of poor customer service. But now "flat out lies" about what they sell. A good reason to never buy from them.

Thanks Brian.

I was considering buying something from Scubastore once, but they never responded to an email question and I had read of someone having a problem, so I did not do business with them. Thank you for the additional warning and information. I will stay away.

No need for others to rush in and bash other online merchants, though. I have had very good service from numerous U.S. online merchants, including Leisure Pro and Scubatoys. I would like to patronize my local shops more, but I work too hard for my money to throw it around that way.

I have to disagree with you. My experience is that LeisurePro will exchange defective merchandise, I've even returned stuff that I was not defective but I was not satisfied with.

Same here. I have no complaints about LeisurePro, and I've purchased a few thousand in gear from them, some of which had to be returned for service or exchange. Never a problem.

Well I just got a couple of computers and the new 330m digital depth gauge from scubastore. Paid on wed got the stuff on Sat!

Both are in perfect working condition and I won't hesitate to buy from them again.

SangP

This is an attempt to buy the goods in the company scubastore.
I live in Russia. Bank account paid out of Russia. Goods sent to my friend in South Korea.
Below publish their e-mail with the company scubastore. For ethical reasons, you can not see the personal information of my friend. On most emails sent to us scubastore I have not received a response. I realized that I was deceived and did not want to send me the goods. I decided to withdraw their money back. Here are all the letters. You can judge for yourself.
Money back 609.47$, I never received.

www-scubastore-com.narod.ru/

Last edited:
International shipping can be a pain. You think scubastore is bad here's my experience with LP.

1. See item I like I want to buy so I try to do so online.
2. There's no country drop down list for Singapore
3. Emailed them and one guy was nice enough to send me an invoice to pay.
4. Credit card can't be accepted so I pay via paypal.
5. Email came back saying payment went through but order rejected.
6. Finally after 5 calls to the US they finally admitted that they can't accept payment via credit card or paypal from Singapore.
7. Need gf to get the stuff for me since, she's in e US!

What a pain!

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom