Scammers hitting dive shops for fraudulent Shearwater/Garmin computer purchases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Somewhat related to this, there are now scammers going on Facebook groups advertising cheap Shearwater computers. Here's one where when contacted, only takes crypto payments and very pushy in closing the sale.

1649838692400.png

That same phrasing has been being used for months.
100% scam, I doubt that computer even exists.

Somewhat related to this, there are now scammers going on Facebook groups advertising cheap Shearwater computers. Here's one where when contacted, only takes crypto payments and very pushy in closing the sale.

View attachment 717389
Given the billions of dollars that fb gouge out of everyone, why is it that fb couldn't give a monkey's cuss about tracking down and prosecuting these people?

We've had your money, la la la?

Given the billions of dollars that fb gouge out of everyone, why is it that fb couldn't give a monkey's cuss about tracking down and prosecuting these people?

We've had your money, la la la?

People were getting scammed on SB, too, don’t forget that!

At least ScubaBoard does their best to stop scams and protect members with nearly infinitely fewer resources.
As a math guy, I'm curious how close (or far) "nearly infinite" is to "infinite". :wink:

Infinitely close, d'uh

Infinitely close, d'uh
That's an infinitely bad spelling scam. "Duh" has no apostrophe. Duh.

It will never stop, law enforcement rarely investigate and half the merchants and credit card companies don't care.

Someone stole one of my cards made a 4.8k rental car reservation. The rental company, law enforcement and credit card company were notified of the fraud. 5 days after I reported the theft they picked up the car. Over a month later I saw a charge for 5.6k for the rental. Everyone who could have stopped it and even catch the people was told. They all did nothing except reverse the charges for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom