A word of Caution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"We ship all equipment in the original packaging with manuals and warranties provided by the manufacturers. Scubastore will always guarantee the equipment for the same time as the manufacturer does. In this time we will repair or exchange any product as soon as we receive it.":

I have to send back my Suunto Vyper. They offered to pay shipping both ways.

Do SS know yo0u changed the battery? If so this may be the reason for the problems.

What will you do with the money you saved?

With the money I saved I purchased a BCD, an SPG and a wetsuit.

With the money I saved from that purchase I purchased 3 new torches a new mask, SMD, spool, Booties, knife and a heap of nick nacks.

With the money I saved from that purchase.....:D

Don't buy a dive computer fro ScubaStore. I purchased a TUSA IQ 900 Zen. They sent the wrong color a dead battery and no warranty card. After replacing the battery I started diving the computer and during the 8 dive it failed. I tried having it serviced by TUSA but it turns out ScubaStore is NOT and authorized dealer and they will not honor the warranty. Now I'm trying to retun it to Scuba store and you won't believe all the gyrations they are making me go through to return the computer. Save yourself a lot of trouble. Just don't buy from SCUBAStore

I'm calling BULLSCHITT on this one post wonder that just joined Scubaboard today. Diveinn/ScubaStore IS an authorized Tusa retailer. That alone makes the remainder of his post less than believable :shakehead:

Another reason to go thru an LDS. Or, order on-line thru appropriate shops. Certain things should never be bought by places like scuba store, leisurepro etc. Most notably, computers, regs, bcds.

Fins/wetsuits, masks, I.E, non life-support equip is one thing. But not the important stuff.

... never be bought by places like scubastore, leisurepro etc.

My local LDS is excellent but I have had occasion to buy items from LeisurePro and they have been excellent. I have also returned items with no problem.

Have you ever bought from LeisurePro?

Also, your comment is misleading depending on the brand. For example, LeisurePro is an authorized dealer for Oceanic & Aeris (and possibly others).

I'm calling BULLSCHITT on this one post wonder that just joined Scubaboard today. Diveinn/ScubaStore IS an authorized Tusa retailer. That alone makes the remainder of his post less than believable :shakehead:

Too funny. Didn't even pay attention to that. Good catch.

Whilst generating discourse the customer is always right.

But not necessarily for the customer.

To answer a few people on here

1- Scuba store is NOT an authorized TUSA dealer - How do I know - I tried to return the computer to TUSA and they told me so. They said they would evaluate the computer and give me a price for repiar and that SCUBAstore was a grey market supplier
2- Why didn't I just return it since it was the wrong color, dead battery etc. - Well after waiting a month to get the computer it arrive 3 days before I went out for a 3 day trip to the Channel Islands off the coast of California. I had no time to send it back. Plus TUSA said initially I didn't need the warranty card and I could register it via TUSA's web site
3-While it initally saved me money over the long run it will cost me. Yes they said they would refund the price but shipping would be refund by way of a gift certificate. I'm not going to be buying from them
4- They tried to BS me on the color claiming that black referred to the color of the bezel. Well TUSA's web site shows two colors

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom