A word of Caution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To answer a few people on here

1- Scuba store is NOT an authorized TUSA dealer - How do I know - I tried to return the computer to TUSA and they told me so. They said they would evaluate the computer and give me a price for repiar and that SCUBAstore was a grey market supplier

You are wrong, Scuba Store is an authorized EUROPEAN retailer for TUSA gear. As discussed in multiple threads here on ScubaBoard, that means when you buy from ScubaStore/DiveInn, you're getting a warranty that's only good in EUROPE.

What will you do with the money you saved?

With the money I saved on a Mk20/S600 from Scubastore, I bought a 2nd one. This was quite a few years ago, but the Scubastore price was half the USA MSRP. :shakehead:

Well that's great that they are an authorized dealer in Europe. Too bad - Last I looked California is not in Europe and TUSA will NOT warranty the computer

... never be bought by places like scubastore, leisurepro etc.

My local LDS is excellent but I have had occasion to buy items from LeisurePro and they have been excellent. I have also returned items with no problem.

Have you ever bought from LeisurePro?

Also, your comment is misleading depending on the brand. For example, LeisurePro is an authorized dealer for Oceanic & Aeris (and possibly others).

Little things, like lights, a knife, couple other inconsequential things

important stuff i greatly prefer to go local if at all possible. Not only because of Warranty type issues, but, local is just easier to deal with. generally speaking.

I'm calling BULLSCHITT on this one post wonder that just joined Scubaboard today. Diveinn/ScubaStore IS an authorized Tusa retailer. That alone makes the remainder of his post less than believable :shakehead:

what I can't figure out is he just joined, has 3 posts, all in this thread... and apparently just joined just to bitch about this. seems suspect.... IJS...

Another reason to go thru an LDS. Or, order online thru appropriate shops. Certain things should never be bought by places like scubastore, leisurepro etc. Most notably, computers, regs, bcds.

Fins/wetsuits, masks, I.E, non life-support equip is one thing. But not the important stuff.

LiesurePro is an authorized dealer for mot of the brands it sells now. I think the exceptions are Aqulung, ScubaPro and Dive Rite.

For those who are interested here is the reply I received from TUSA:

Hello Walter-

After careful review and research of the attachment sent, we apologize but the company you purchased the IQ-900 from is not one of our authorized TUSA dealers. We are not responsible for purchases within the “grey” markets and therefore cannot warrant any product advertised and/or sold .

We apologize for the inconvenience once again. Since this is still a TUSA product, we can provide you with the option of sending it in to our facility for evaluation and repair and once a cost estimate is given; contact can be made. If you would like return the product for repair, please call our office at the number listed below to obtain a valid Return Authorization number.

Thank you!

Kindest regards,

Customer Service Representative

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.... Scuba Store might be an authorized European dealer, but their website implies they are simply an "authorized dealer for all they sell". Kinda misleading a little as they sell overseas. Someone buying that in another country could easily think it meant "anywhere".

Still I'd doubt I'd ever buy a regulator from them as I've read customer service issues with them in the past and my LDS will price match internet dealers. so why bother with them? (for me.)

F.A.Q. Scubastore. Online Scuba gear and Scuba equipment shop.

What happens in case of warranty problems?

We ship all equipment in the original packaging with manuals and warranties provided by the manufacturers. Scubastore will always guarantee the equipment for the same time as the manufacturer does. In this time we will repair or exchange any product as soon as we receive it.

Although most leading brands give an International Warranty we believe that it is unethical for us to sell the product and leave local stores with possible warranty claims. Therefore in case of problems just send us an e-mail and we will give you all the information to arrange a pickup on our cost to have your product repaired or replaced within days.

We are happy to inform you, that we are authorized dealers of all the products we sell and as such we will be happy to assist you with any warranty matter that may arise. If you should have any warranty situation all you would need to do is contact us at returns@Scubastore.com and you will be contacted on how to return the item to us, to be repaired/replaced by the manufacturer​

In order to clear the air, I just sent the following email to Natalie at TUSA:

I wanted to make you aware of this thread currently under discussion on the world's
largest scuba diving forum, ScubaBoard.com
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/computers-gauges-watches-analyzers/347876-word-caution.html

The discussion centers on a TUSA product purchased from DiveInn.com in Spain.
They are also known as ScubaStore.com
DiveInn clearly states they are an authorized TUSA retailer yet it seems TUSA has refused
to honor their product warranty and stated DiveInn.com sells "gray market" gear.

Perhaps you can clear up the confusion. Is ScubaStore/DiveInn an authorized retailer??
If so, why isn't the warranty being honored??

My full name and contact information, yada, yada, yada

Another reason to go thru an LDS. Or, order online thru appropriate shops. Certain things should never be bought by places like scubastore, leisurepro etc. Most notably, computers, regs, bcds.

Fins/wetsuits, masks, I.E, non life-support equip is one thing. But not the important stuff.
I have to disagree with you. My experience is that LeisurePro will exchange defective merchandise, I've even returned stuff that I was not defective but I was not satisfied with.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom