A request to the "new" DIR advocates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

I don't see why not, but you're going to have to get some riggin that is a little more elaborate than the fido stage rigging that o-ring so eloquently described for us.....

I don't know why you'd want to dive with a pony anyway, lots of extra weight and equipment not to mention how you are going to ride him, which is a totally different thread

As you know, I was joking...on Friday we watched a Public Safety dive team setting up and they had the most interesting unbalanced rigs with small (65's?) banded to large pony bottles. Slung from Scubapro jacket BC's. The FFM transmitters were then strapped to the tanks with metal bands as well. When the divers stood-up, the valves were in the middle of their backs and the whole rig hung at about a 20 degree angle past vertical. Not something I'd like to dive.

I hope as opposed to watching that, you went and got some gear to be able to perform a rescue when all hell broke loose....

I can't seem to find the rec.scuba site. All I can find is ukrec.scuba and it doesn't appear to be board type forum. Will someone please post a link to this site? Id like to see what it is all about.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

I won't *post a link* or tell you how to get there.

It's not the kind of place one sends their friends.
You will lose thousands of brain cells for every second you spend on that forum... You are better off going out and having a few beers..

..I was just curious. I've heard alot about it, but never checked it out. I don't plan on posting over there. Scubaboard is enough for me. I just want to see what it is...I won't start any trouble...honest.

I found it and I won't likely bother to do it again. I can tell you how unless there is a reason I souldn't? UP?

bwerb once bubbled...

As you know, I was joking...on Friday we watched a Public Safety dive team setting up and they had the most interesting unbalanced rigs with small (65's?) banded to large pony bottles. Slung from Scubapro jacket BC's. The FFM transmitters were then strapped to the tanks with metal bands as well. When the divers stood-up, the valves were in the middle of their backs and the whole rig hung at about a 20 degree angle past vertical. Not something I'd like to dive.

If the dive team was part of a volunteer rescue sqaud then lord only know what they might do.

I do know a couple of guys on the Montgomery County MD FD dive team. They say it is more like crawling then diving. Chances are the viz is poor to start with and then what you're looking for probably sank into the mud, so you basically crawl around and dig in the mud.

Drew A. Dunn

Zagnut once bubbled...
I can't seem to find the rec.scuba site. All I can find is ukrec.scuba and it doesn't appear to be board type forum. Will someone please post a link to this site? Id like to see what it is all about.

If you really must, go to groups.google.com and type in rec.scuba in the search window. Be warned there is nothing of value there at all. All the sifting through the junk to find the pearls of wisdom is time lost that you could have put into reading something of value.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom