7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheTrickster:
Morning Guys and Gals...!

Yesterday I went completely nuts...I had nothing to do, so decided on going on a 'jog'...started off fine - normal route, but then went further, and further and further...went 8km in total in under an 50mins, a nice gentle pace - boy my legs are a burning today!

Might be giving today a rest... :)

Awesome! Way to go!

Scuba_Jenny:
ocean is a cool 72°, west coast, the gulf is in the 50's, and the local pools are still in the low 70's.. brrr..
Oh, and stop hitting me! :wink:

Brrrrr??? No way! :D 72 in a local quarry, and I'm in my 3mm suit and having fun! :14: That's downright tropical! Sure wish I was there!

Alright folks... I'm officially in a slump. No exercise in over a week now. I've done semi-ok on food choices, but I have gained 1-2 lbs. However, I believe the gain is a water gain, as I think I've officially met the record for the worlds longest PMS session.... and still waiting. :shakehead I have no energy right now... and I'm not sure why. I just can't drum up enough "umph" to do a workout. :confused: I'm not sure if it's part of the PMS thing or what.

The weather is beautiful! It's gonna be mid 70s today. Hmmm... maybe I'll go buy a harness for my shep/rott mix and take her to the park for a long walk around the pond. (Can't walk her on a collar leash, she chokes herself... and she walks me! silly dog!) Oh... look at the time... gotta get the kids to school!

I do my workout first thing in the morning, taking the dog for the walk. That way, I am accountable to the dog, who is expecting me to get out of bed! It takes the "pressure" of me, and like any typical woman, we like to please others.... and in this case it is the dog.
Does that make any sense? IOW, do it for the dog...
OH, and about the collar vs. the harness, I solved the problem by taking the dog to obedience class!

erparamedic:
Alright folks... I'm officially in a slump. No exercise in over a week now. I've done semi-ok on food choices, but I have gained 1-2 lbs. However, I believe the gain is a water gain, as I think I've officially met the record for the worlds longest PMS session.... and still waiting. :shakehead I have no energy right now... and I'm not sure why. I just can't drum up enough "umph" to do a workout. :confused: I'm not sure if it's part of the PMS thing or what.

Hello ER! :D

It *WILL* pass, and you'll soon be back in the saddle! Why not (if practical) go straight from work to the gym and just do 10-15mins, each day? or park the car further away and walk, just something easy to get yourself back in the groove...little by little...

ER, you just have to do it even if you don't feel like it. Yesterday I was so sore and tired. I had no energy. I had a slight cold over the weekend and I was still sore from that class I took on THURSDAY!! But I forced myself to go to the gym lunch time and do my strength training. But I made myself a deal and only did 2 reps instead of 3. And I did feel more energized if not my usual self. Then after work, even though I almost went home, I did my cardio. I usually do 40-45 minutes, but again, I made myself a deal and did only 30. I did take my Pilates class too and even then I didn't feel 100%, but I did it anyway. Today, I feel a little better but I am still kind of tired. Cats wake me up too much.:rofl3: And I am still kind of sore from the manic's class last week.

Thanks Jenny and Trickster!

I still have yet to get to the pet store and go walk. Phone calls and instant messages this morning. LOL I generally don't walk the dogs... we have a nice privacy fenced back yard that they can run in. So... at walk time, they like to walk me. They are very obedient... except on a leash! LOL In the summer, when I'm out front... Dolly can be outside with us, un-leashed, in the yard... and NO MATTER WHAT... she will NOT leave the yard. She's very obedient... until she sees the leash...then it's "walk mommy time!" LOL

Hey... maybe that's it! Maybe she's trying to get me to speed up a bit! LOL

Thanks Trickster! I've gotta get back in the saddle! On the bright side... at least I haven't trashed any progress... and I know that the slight gain is only water. As far as gym after work... I work an odd schedule... the gym isn't open at midnight! LOL BUT, the hospital employee parking is about a 1/3 mile from the hospital and it is a long walk, considering I park at the far end of the lot... (except for the days that the shuttle picks us up). Unless it's a really nice day, I typically don't turn down the shuttle rides. LOL It's little old guys the drive the shuttle, and most of them are almost blind... so I figure if they actually see me and make the effort to drive over and pick me up, then I'll take the ride. Hahahaha!

Ok.... I am gettin in the shower now, then taking the Dolly to get a new harness so we can walk! She'll enjoy that!

fairybasslet:
ER, you just have to do it even if you don't feel like it. Yesterday I was so sore and tired. I had no energy. I had a slight cold over the weekend and I was still sore from that class I took on THURSDAY!! But I forced myself to go to the gym lunch time and do my strength training. But I made myself a deal and only did 2 reps instead of 3. And I did feel more energized if not my usual self. Then after work, even though I almost went home, I did my cardio. I usually do 40-45 minutes, but again, I made myself a deal and did only 30. I did take my Pilates class too and even then I didn't feel 100%, but I did it anyway. Today, I feel a little better but I am still kind of tired. Cats wake me up too much.:rofl3: And I am still kind of sore from the manic's class last week.

Thank you too, Fairy! (You must have posted while I was writing my last post. LOL) Yeah... I am definitely going to force myself out and about today! I'll definitely take a walk with the dog. It is a beautiful day!

Oh... I have cats (3 of them) that wake me up too! Casper can't sleep unless I have a hand on him... otherwise he head butts me HARD to wake me up! Oreo will purr in my ear and wake me... and Angel will rub up against me until I raise the covers and let her under! Then I have 2 dogs and a hubby to share the bed with too! :rofl3: :rofl3: I never sleep well! Hahaha! (Ahhh... sleep... that could be part of my problem too! LOL)

Sometimes you must force yourself. Last Saturday after I got lost in the woods and wandered around lost (did I mention I had a GPS in my hands and still had trouble getting out), I was exhausted I must have walked 5-6 miles that day total not just on my adventure. Sunday morning, I right back on the treadmill even though I was tired.

Had class last night so no walking, but will do so tonight, I hope.

Just did a 1 hour on the elipse machine. I feel great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom