7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheTrickster:
Did someone say Salsa!? and Chips!? - Oh my, thats my favorate meal out (now I'm all veggie and that...) - are you guys telling me they are bad for you? :-(
Not the salsa if it's fresh, but the chips are bad, pretty much doesn't matter what they are made of, cuz you can't eat just 10-12 :D (At least I can't).

I saw that infommercial on the guide channel on late night t.v. last night but didn't have a peek.

Did 2 30-45 minutes rides on the mountain bike yesterday although I got a flat on the way home on the second, so I'll have to take care of that today.

-Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
Not the salsa if it's fresh, but the chips are bad, pretty much doesn't matter what they are made of, cuz you can't eat just 10-12 :D (At least I can't).
-Garrett

Me either!

Has anyone here ever used a personal trainer? If so;

1. How did it work out, did you feel you got benefit on your goals and target areas?
2. How many times a week did you go
3. If you don't mind me asking what is the going rate for a trainer in your area?

I ask because my hips are a problem, always have been, don't even know a time when they weren't. I have come to terms that I am more of a Marilyn Monroe type body vs. that of a Chery Tiges, and there are some things I simply can't change (other then maybe drastic surgery and I am not going there). However it is still my problem area that I just can't seem to solve. I am wondering if a trainer can help me there?

I don't get 30 mins everyday but I get it at least 5 and sometimes 6 days a week. It will get better as spring begins to warm things up a little. I have been going to the pool at 6 am every morning and swimming a mile just to keep moving. When it warms up a little I will begin running.

Whoa! I'm already gaining 3 pounds from 152 to 155 in only 3 days, but thats because I have a set of stress and test this week. Hopefully it will slim down while I'm diving everyday of spring break :).

Not jumping on the scale till tomorrow morning. I pigged out yesterday, and am incredibly hungry right now.. and I just ate lunch!
Did my 1.5 mile walk this morning, walking about 1/4 mile backwards! Good workout and my legs felt it.

Miss Linda - hubby has a personal trainer and now wont give him up

he didnt even want to go at first- it was a present for 10 sessions only :D

hubby does weight lifting so he wanted to concentrate on that and now lifting 300lbs and even guys comment on his "musclely legs & athletic arms' (heh heh-their words)

hubby trainer costs us $450 for 10 x 45min session in a private studio so its not even a gym with lots of people - just him and the trainer and he trains twice per week

my legs are sore from last nights e-workout... yeah!!!

Okay that is about $45 session which is about what they are charging here. I am thinking of trying 10 sessions once my classes are over in May.

Thanks!

Treadmill and stretching over.

6%
3.6 mph
46 minutes
2.75 miles.

I really need to stretch more, I completely failed my flexibility test last night, but was able to do 30 push ups so at least that is a plus.

30 pushups!!!! i cant rmember the last time i tried to do one - well done

i just finished my 45mins on the e machine - still got the tension turned all the way up!!

off to shower now!

Still all hot n sweaty from this mornings jog. I really needed motivation this morning, as each step felt like my legs were bricks. I asked for Divine intervention and I got it. So today's jog of 2.5miles, I give all thanks to the dear Lord! Amen!!!!

OTOH...
I have been incredibaly hungry the last couple days, and seemed to eat everything in sight, including opening up that bag of chocolate chips (65% cacao, if it means anything).
Along with the running 3x week, walking 3x week, and diving , I am wondering if my body is simply in survival mode and has become quite efficient at calorie burning. I am thinking I need to change up something, I gave up meat for lent (but not seafood, so those lobster in the freezer are gonna be my treat!!), but think I may need to radically change my workout routine. Maybe concentrate on weight lifting or a different cardio workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom