7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my time in the gym is paying off.. looks wise I'm definitely showing dedication to working out. I'm still at 220#, and I've celebrated by having Pizza and Cookies - hey, if I'm not losing I'm not gaining either!

Keep werking at it yawl!

CBulla:
I guess my time in the gym is paying off.. looks wise I'm definitely showing dedication to working out. I'm still at 220#, and I've celebrated by having Pizza and Cookies - hey, if I'm not losing I'm not gaining either!

Keep werking at it yawl!

Oooh... a buff Colin! Any piccies to share? :eyebrow: :D You're doing a great job... especially with the bum ankle.

Now... put the pizza and cookies down... and step away... aawaaaayyy, I say! LOL:popcorn: (Popcorn is a tad better if you don't add butter! :rofl3: :D )

I can't eat pizza or cookie anymore :D. If I do, my stomach force it out from my mouth and it hurts too :(.

I think I am a poster child for "you can teach an old dog a new trick". I started swimming 3 weeks ago, with the purpose of able to keep up with my son. I am terrible at the freestyle, and did only one lap before I switched to back stroke when I did my OW years ago. So day by day I practiced... Then got through the snorting, gasping, coughing, and now I got the breathing down... Now it is a breeze to do 25 or 30 laps. It all comes down to teaching the brain a new rhythm.

My problem with swimming is, as I already have a larger frame, it is hard to get wetsuit to fit me. Now, the wetsuit that fit me last year, no longer fit. Just the little muscle that you put on in a few week with a new exercise can change your wetsuit fit. Fortunately, I got a hyperstretch a few months ago, and that will accomodate me well.

Whew, got 22 laps in this morning (1/2 mile) in under 30 minutes ... That is a tremendous improvement from choking and gasping to do 2 laps at a time 3 weeks ago. You noted my post earlier, the old ladies were swimming circles around me. Now I am starting to keep pace with the old ladies...

Diving this morning. Looks beautiful out! :)

sicker than a dog for the last 2 days...doing nothing..... Is coughing and wheezing exercise? Gotta be better by Wednesday....Can't get on a plane like this...

Scuba_Jenny:
Diving this morning. Looks beautiful out! :)
I hate you Jenny!!!!! :rofl3:

I look forward to the day when I'll be joining you for weekend diving.

CheddarChick:
sicker than a dog for the last 2 days...doing nothing..... Is coughing and wheezing exercise? Gotta be better by Wednesday....Can't get on a plane like this...

:11: Oh my goodness! You poor thing! I'm sending lots of well wishes your way... this is really bad timing for you to get sick! :( If I were you, I'd call the doc/or visit the doc and ask for a Z-pac, some Advair, and maybe an Albuterol inhaler to help ya out! The Z-pac will cover a wide range of bacterial infections... bronchitis, sinusitis, pneumonia, and lot of others. The Advair is a steriod discus inhaler that really helps with bronchial inflammation. The Albuterol will help open up your airways so you can breathe easier and cough the junk up. (Note... I'm not a doctor... just a paramedic that knows waaaaay too much! :rofl3:) Make sure to drink lots and lots of water.

Ok... sending lots of well wishes and cyber hugs! :sunny :hugs: Think positive!

RoyN:
I can't eat pizza or cookie anymore :D. If I do, my stomach force it out from my mouth and it hurts too :(.

Awww, Roy... sorry to hear that. On the brighter side... it keeps you from eating the :no foods.

My stomach is still pretty finicky since I had the stomach flu and then the (possible) diverticulitis. I am being very careful what I eat, or I'll get very nauseated.

On a good "food" note- I don't crave cookies, ice cream, chips, cake, or alot of the "not so healthy" foods anymore. In fact... if it's put in front of me, I can easily push it away. The kids had some cookies that their Grandma baked and sent them... I took one cookie, ate 2 bites, and gave the rest of it to my hubby. It didn't even taste good to me! Alot of the Healthy Choice meals have a small "dessert" included... I can't eat the desserts anymore. They taste sickeningly sweet to me! Yippee! :14:

Fisher-- Sounds like your swimming is coming along quite well! You'd be amazed the amount of calories that you burn doing a half hour- full hour of laps. Keep up the great work!

Jenny-- I'm jealous! Have a great dive! It's 28 degrees and snow flurries here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom