7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a painful workout. 50 minutes elip-thingie machine and 30 minutes weight training. Gonna have to do some pool work soon because I think 20 lbs of lead for me is way too much.

morning guys

i spent yesterday going up and down ladders outside clearning gutters and tyring to find leaks so thats my exercise

Roy - 20lbs. (i say this because you weigh so little now) what sort of suit & tank do you use?? im thrilled im down to 14lbs! i use to use 35+ so visuallizing cartwheels for me (you dont really think i can do a real cartwheel do you!)

Colin...

Good job working out with the bad ankle. Walking is good... sounds like you should take care not to overdo it right now. Something I see in the ER, rather frequently... some sprains are harder to heal than fractures, and take longer! Be careful! As for the hairy back.... it's not the fur "fluff" out of the back neck of shirts kind of bad is it? LOL:rofl3:

Linda...

Somehow, I've never pictured you looking like "cousin it!" :no Now, now... speak nicely of youself! :D

Almity and Roy... I'm going diving tonight... as long as the storms veer around us! I'm curious to see if I can drop any lead, since I'm down 40 lbs.

I'm in California waters so its somewhat cold in the 50s degree range. I'm wearing a 7mm suit with hood, boots, gloves, diveskin, and a vest so pretty that holds me down 20 lbs. But recently I've been sinking faster so pretty much have to go do some pool work and reweight myself again.

RoyN:
I'm....... I'm wearing a 7mm suit with hood, boots, gloves, diveskin, and a vest .......

AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well keep working in it - it felt great being able to drop a few pounds so i know you will be doing the same soon

Treadmill time done

7%
3.5 MPH
2.75 miles
47:26 minutes

If I somehow go travel to Sydney and meet up with almitywife and family, then I'll be wearing a 5mm wetsuit and still carry 20 pounds of lead weight. Of course I'll still be wearing a hood, vest, boots, and skin suit because I'm scared of the little blue ring octopus and that nasty jellyfish. :D And if I go to the tropic like Vietnam my home country, I'll STILL be wearing a 5mm with boots, hood, vest, and skin suit. But the best part is I can use NITROX!!!!!! YAY GO NITROX!!!

RoyN:
If I somehow go travel to Sydney and meet up with almitywife and family, then I'll be wearing a 5mm wetsuit and still carry 20 pounds of lead weight. Of course I'll still be wearing a hood, vest, boots, and skin suit because I'm scared of the little blue ring octopus and that nasty jellyfish. :D And if I go to the tropic like Vietnam my home country, I'll STILL be wearing a 5mm with boots, hood, vest, and skin suit.

but you will be diving with steel tanks... does that change the 20lbs??

its not our jellys or occys you have to worry about... its the dropbears, spiders, snakes, cone shells, stonefish and maggies you need to look out for :wink:

Workout done-

I went to the pool tonight and got in a 1 hour solo dive. There was an OW class there, but the instructor had everything under control, so I played. :D I only had an hour underwater, as they got to the pool late... but it was still fun! My 1 mil suit is too big now! I could feel water sloshing thru it! LOL I have mixed feeling about that... I'm happy that it's too big, but I'm sad cause I'll have to buy another one! LOL

While playing underwater, I practiced a few skills. I took off my gear, and put it all back on for practice a few times. Well... in doing so, apparently, I loosened the tank strap on the BC. So... I was swimming and noticed that my tank was slipping. So.. I stayed on the bottom, took off the gear again and was putting the strap back onto the tank when my weight belt slid up to my armpits, and my mask flooded! LOL Of course, I am hanging upside down and actively swimming down to stay on the bottom, cause 1/2 of my weights are in my BC, and the tank is 1/2 empty and trying to float up. LOL I got the strap back on the tank, the weight belt back where it was supposed to be, the BC back on, and the mask cleared... all on the bottom and on my own... no buddy! Of course none of that was planned, it just sorta happened. And I've never had that much complication at one time. LOL But I learned that I can handle it! Yay! It was actually quite the fun challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom