7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scuba_Jenny:
mmmmmm guy sweaty.......:inlove:

(ok, I know that's some think it's just weird..)

Not at all, Jenny! I worked at a fire department for 10 years... imagine those good lookin' firefighters (one being my husband... but I admit, my eyes have wandered! :eyebrow: ), just after a fire, all sweaty, with sut and firegear... and muscles! :eyebrow: :D I love it!

(Ok... I think some might think that's wierd! LOL :14: )

Well... no gym for me, again today.

The dog had her surgery yesterday, and things are just a nightmare here! Libby tore the ACL in her back right leg completely off the femur. The vet had to lay open 5-6" of her leg (pretty much the whole leg) and "rig" a new route for her ACL (what's left of it), and use thick suture line (routed around and thru the bones of her knee) to create a stabilization of her knee. This should keep it functional and stable. She cannot (or will not) walk right now. Her entire leg is immobilized and bandaged from her hip, down to, and including her foot. You can see the tip of 2 toes. Taking her to potty is a major ordeal. The bandage has to stay clean and dry for 2 weeks, until the vet removes it. Keeping it clean and dry is gonna be a huge task, considering we have 6 inches of snow. We're using a makeshift waterproof bootie over her leg when she goes out. Poor dog can't even squat right though! When I get busy, she has to go into the cage with her "lampshade" collar... and she HATES that. She has a ton of pain meds and a sedative if she needs it. She'll be ok, but the next 4 weeks is gonna be really rough on her and us.:shakehead

Looks like I'll be doing the workout dvds for the next several days. I'm gonna try the 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds workout today. Wish me luck... I've only done the 1 mile one once! LOL I'll post once I've done it.

Poor doggy. Hope she's better soon. Don't want your vet bill. LOL

fairybasslet:
Poor doggy. Hope she's better soon. Don't want your vet bill. LOL

I have to say... I didn't want the vet bill either, BUT... it was much better than I expected it to be! LOL Thank God for tax refunds!

Sorry for the hijack!

erparamedic:
Not at all, Jenny! I worked at a fire department for 10 years... imagine those good lookin' firefighters (one being my husband... but I admit, my eyes have wandered! :eyebrow: ), just after a fire, all sweaty, with sut and firegear... and muscles! :eyebrow: :D I love it!

(Ok... I think some might think that's wierd! LOL :14: )
And I was gonna post soemthing about hot sweaty horse leather smell.. but figured the guys would take it all wrong. (go figure! :D). Glad I am not alone about the sweaty guy thing! :)

And the dog.. I had a cat once who had to wear one of those "lampshade collars." I convinced my neighbor that if you stuck his tail in the back of the TV I could get free cable! LOL

Ok. End hijack.

morning team and poor doggy! i hope she will be ok ER..... they arent just pets but loved ones so i know how you must be feeling.

off to do my cross trainer (yes ER-not a epeliptic machine :D and i can spell cross trainer :D) my legs feel a bit rubbery this morning from last nights workout but not too bad.

im going to try to go for 8min workouts then a break today..... see how i manange it

WOOOHOOOOOO - im so glad this challange is still going!!!

it helps keeps me going even when i dont feel like it

cheers everyone

almitywife:
morning team and poor doggy! i hope she will be ok ER..... they arent just pets but loved ones so i know how you must be feeling.

off to do my cross trainer (yes ER-not a epeliptic machine :D and i can spell cross trainer :D) my legs feel a bit rubbery this morning from last nights workout but not too bad.

im going to try to go for 8min workouts then a break today..... see how i manange it

WOOOHOOOOOO - im so glad this challange is still going!!!

it helps keeps me going even when i dont feel like it

cheers everyone

Good for you, Almity! 8 minutes starting on the eliptical is AWESOME!!! I was lucky to do 5 minutes when I first got mine... I eventually had worked up to 20 minutes, and that was a killer! I don't have it anymore, my knees got too bad for it, so I gave it to mom and dad.

I just finished my workout today... I did the 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds dvd (30 minutes). It wasn't too bad. I was draggin a little over the mile, then at 1.5 miles, I thought, "I've been that far already? Sure I can make 2!!" I feel good. I didn't think I could do 2 miles in 30 minutes, but I surprised myself! I will do 100 crunches before bed tonight.

I can do 60 minutes on the epeliptic machine :D.

ER I love it when you all medical to us....???100 crunches/ chocolate covered????? mmmmmmmmm.

Ah yes, leather horsie smell. ahhhhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom