7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my jog this morning, went further than before. Something over 2 miles, maybe 2.25 or so. Then this afternoon Hermit Crab and I walked and jogged down to Wendy's for her dinner. It is about 3/4mile one way. She is "training" for our joint run next month, where she is gonna do her first 5K!!!!!

does anyone have an opinion on these machines?

im feeling a bit bored by walking some days

7ec3_1.JPG

almitywife:

Need to try it first.... one of the things that vary on ellipticals are their "stride length". I don't know how tall you are, but it can effect what is a comfortable stride. I'm 6' 2" so I had to go with a model that has a slightly longer length (20")... some brands are like 15-16" and I felt too constricted on them.

...so... try before you buy, like at a Dick's Sporting Goods or something... otherwise, if it has the features you want, it's a nice non-impact exercise. I went with a Sole E35 8 months ago and love it!!

yikes! $1300US!!

the height thing is somethign i didnt think about.. im nearly 6ft

might pop over to the sports store tomorrow to test out a few before i start bidding on ebay

thanks!

almitywife:
yikes! $1300US!!

the height thing is somethign i didnt think about.. im nearly 6ft

might pop over to the sports store tomorrow to test out a few before i start bidding on ebay

thanks!

They are more expensive online from the MFG's website. I routinely see them 100's cheaper in the sporting stores websites or "brick n mortars".

Yeh... go figure... you can get a nice combo home gym for $400-$800, but a decent piece of cardio equipment jumps right up there in price!! :confused:

Workout over.... Lost my pound again yippee.....Just about time for the weekend to start and gain it back again.....Wait I have an extra day, maybe I'll keep it off this time....

almitywife:

7ec3_1.JPG

Hi, Almity...

My experience with ellipticals: It used to be a good workout for me... when I started it (2-3 years ago), 5 minutes was a butt kicker, and I worked up to 20 minutes! Since I got one, I've had 2 knee surgeries, and it's no longer a good choice for me. I just gave mine to my parents.

The stride length is a very important thing... I actually think the stride length on mine was a tad too short, which hindered my knees.

Definitely try before you buy! It is an awesome workout though... and I wish I could still do it.

Workout today:

30+ minutes- workout video
100 crunches

I did a 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds video (18 minutes), and roughly 15 minutes of Cardio Dancing. I gave up on the Cardio Dance video... I realized that my hips just don't move like the dancers! LOL I'll tell ya... I REALLY butchered the dance video! :rofl:

erparamedic:
Workout today:

I REALLY butchered the dance video! :rofl:

I could guarantee you I could do no better, I have about as much rhythm and coordination as a lead dive weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom