7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CheddarChick:
But I like the frilly one....It's covered in snow.:11doh:

I hear ya, Cheddar! Actual temp here, -5* F, wind chill is -20(something)! Just plain freaking COLD!!! But, I have to go out and get my Colts Superbowl Champ shirts! LOL

The pipes that go to one of our bathroom sinks froze. The crazy thing.... and this tells you just how cold it really is... The pipes come up thru the slab... about 10 inches inside the wall! They aren't like alot of homes where the pipes come up and inside the outside wall. It's just THAT frozen here! Crazy. We ran hair dryers on the pipes and got them unfroze. Took about 2 hours. All seems ok though. Now there's a steady stream of water running to keep them from freezing again. :11doh:

SLAB CONSTRUCTION????? IN INDY????? Are you nuts???? Who built your house....? I'm coming to kick them in the butt....

Ok... everyone...

I'm having a hard time! This is a rant/plead for motivation! I thought I was over my plateau. On Friday, I weighed at 277.3. I felt like, since I finally broke the 278 mark, that I was on my way down again. I worked this weekend... 12 hours of running thru the ER on Saturday AND Sunday (no break yesterday!), so I didn't workout. I drank about 64 oz of water both days. Here's what I ate (keep in mind that the cafeteria has NO good choices, but I did the best I could)...
Saturday- Breakfast: 1 biscuit VERY lightly coated in sausage gravy (I scraped the gravy off, so there was virtually nothing on it!) 2 pieces of bacon
Lunch- Beef pot roast, a slice of bread, green beans, potato soup (only ate about 2/3 of each of those items!)
Dinner- Small portion (about 3 1/2 inches square) of lasagna, small slice of garlic bread.

Sunday-
Breakfast- (about 8 am) 6 oz fresh squeezed (Rod sqeezed it!) grapefruit juice with splenda, 2 bacon slices, 1 sausage link, about a cup of grapes
Didn't get a lunch break... too busy... around 4 pm ate a cheeseburger (the ONLY thing that the cafeteria had "ready") I was famished, and it was "eat it, or leave it!"
Dinner- about 8 pm- 1 fat free hot dog with 1 slice light whole wheat bread, 99% fat free chili sauce, and a couple tablespoons of fat free cheese.

Now, I know that some of the choices were not the best (not alot of choices this weekend), but I ate them in small portions, I drank my water, and I GAINED weight! I don't get it! I was on my feet and moving (sometimes at a VERY fast pace!) for 24 hours this weekend! I was hoping to drop down at least a pound after this weekend and I gained it instead!

I'm sooooo bummed! I feel like I can't overcome this plateau! HELP, PLEASE!

Despite feeling bummed, I did get up and do a workout video (40 minutes), and 90 crunches. So... my workout for the day is done.

CheddarChick:
SLAB CONSTRUCTION????? IN INDY????? Are you nuts???? Who built your house....? I'm coming to kick them in the butt....

Absolutely! The vast majority of all houses in Indy... old and new, are on a slab. Our house (though small, and built relatively cheaply) is a custom built home. All the new construction homes put the piping well inside the slab and run it thru the floors (not the walls) to prevent the freezing. Well.... it didn't work this time cause it's sooooo blasted cold out!

Maybe my body will burn some calories if I stand outside for 20 or 30 minutes with no coat. You know... burn cals to keep the body warm. :eyebrow: (I'm kidding... just had to find a way to tie this post into the thread! :wink: )

erparamedic:
Ok... everyone...

I'm having a hard time! This is a rant/plead for motivation! I thought I was over my plateau. On Friday, I weighed at 277.3. I felt like, since I finally broke the 278 mark, that I was on my way down again. I worked this weekend... 12 hours of running thru the ER on Saturday AND Sunday (no break yesterday!), so I didn't workout. I drank about 64 oz of water both days. Here's what I ate (keep in mind that the cafeteria has NO good choices, but I did the best I could)...
Saturday- Breakfast: 1 biscuit VERY lightly coated in sausage gravy (I scraped the gravy off, so there was virtually nothing on it!) 2 pieces of bacon
Lunch- Beef pot roast, a slice of bread, green beans, potato soup (only ate about 2/3 of each of those items!)
Dinner- Small portion (about 3 1/2 inches square) of lasagna, small slice of garlic bread.

Sunday-
Breakfast- (about 8 am) 6 oz fresh squeezed (Rod sqeezed it!) grapefruit juice with splenda, 2 bacon slices, 1 sausage link, about a cup of grapes
Didn't get a lunch break... too busy... around 4 pm ate a cheeseburger (the ONLY thing that the cafeteria had "ready") I was famished, and it was "eat it, or leave it!"
Dinner- about 8 pm- 1 fat free hot dog with 1 slice light whole wheat bread, 99% fat free chili sauce, and a couple tablespoons of fat free cheese.

Now, I know that some of the choices were not the best (not alot of choices this weekend), but I ate them in small portions, I drank my water, and I GAINED weight! I don't get it! I was on my feet and moving (sometimes at a VERY fast pace!) for 24 hours this weekend! I was hoping to drop down at least a pound after this weekend and I gained it instead!

I'm sooooo bummed! I feel like I can't overcome this plateau! HELP, PLEASE!

Despite feeling bummed, I did get up and do a workout video (40 minutes), and 90 crunches. So... my workout for the day is done.

Don't get discouraged. What I did notice about your food choices was the high salt content. That could cause you to retain some of all the water that you're drinking. But don't stop drinking the water, it is very important.

Do you think you can perhaps keep some better food choices in your locker? Do you have a locker or some other place to store your personal stuff. I keep granola bars, Bumble Tuna Medley (flavored tuna with some crackers Yummy) soup (all you have to add is hot water, though these can also be high in salt but at least they are low in fat. Do you have a water cooler that dispenses hot water?) as back ups in case I don't have time to squeeze in a lunch. For breakfast, maybe you can keep some Weight Watcher's muffins? They are around 200 calories but lower in fat. A biscuit is mostly fat which is why I love them so much. They are one of my downfalls.

Good ideas, Fairy. I do have a locker... albeit, VERY small. Pretty much fits my purse and not much else. I'll have to shop for some tuna and crackers or some other "small" non-perishables to put in there. We do have a hot water dispenser on one of our sinks.

Breakfast this morning was a 60 calorie Dannon Light and Fit Smoothie. It's really amazing how filling those are!

I noticed the fat and salt content... bacon, sausage, hotdogs.
When I decided to lose weight, I concentrated on veggies and fruits. I ate veggies the way I used to eat meat. Soup, soup, fresh carrots, celery with a small dalup of peanut butter. Lots of water. I made salads using a cut up plum tomato, garlic, basil and olive oil as my dressing.
Of course what worked for me may not work for others. For me was identifying what my trigger food is (sugar) and making choices that did not include it. Somebody mentioned carrots and bananas are high sugar.. yes, but they are natural sugar, not refined. Just don't eat them in large quantities.
Oh, and get off the scale!!!! Maybe go 2 weeks without the scale. A study was done recently that I was reading and they tracked a bunch of girls from teens to mid 20's.on weighgain. They found the ones that obsessed the most about the scale were the ones that gained the most weight. If they rarely got on the scale, they had the smallest weight gains.
Now, how about some exercise?

I think running through the ER for a whole weekend in -12° weather (proud of me Jenny?) is workout enough:eyebrow:

Maybe. Was it considered a usual weekend? I know my body has a remarkable way of adapting to the exercise I give it. As soon as I quit losing weight and am plateauing despite all the exercise I am doing, I know I need to go further, faster, change routines, something, cause my body has adapted.
I am now in the process of changing my routine. Not sure what the regiment will be, but I am cutting down on the running from 3x week to two times, but lengthing it considerably. Not sure what I am going to do on my off days. Weekends are my free days. Diving Sat, and off on Sunday is typical. Everybody needs a day of rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom