7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from my Monday morning jog. I had a pretty good pace going early on and tried to maintain it throughout. If I keep my head from thinking about what the rest of the body is doing, I am ok, so I have to keep going with motivational thougths through the course. Against better judgement, I am thinking an MP3 player may be an option.

ok boys and girls... I'm upping your challenge... I've found something that has the impact of cycling for me... some of the work out of it, and that I can keep track of time, distance, burn... its an eliptical machine! I won't say how much I lost last week, but I'll tell you this much, at current rate, I won't be recognized at the Feb Keys dives...

BTW - I'm mixing 30m cardio and 15m weight conditioning with my shoulder and upper body as continued therapy for my shoulder. :)

CBulla:
ok boys and girls... I'm upping your challenge... I've found something that has the impact of cycling for me... some of the work out of it, and that I can keep track of time, distance, burn... its an eliptical machine! I won't say how much I lost last week, but I'll tell you this much, at current rate, I won't be recognized at the Feb Keys dives...

BTW - I'm mixing 30m cardio and 15m weight conditioning with my shoulder and upper body as continued therapy for my shoulder. :)

Way cool Colin! You will need to post your loss in the weekly weigh in on Thrusday, so we can have inspiration!

Ok Snow shoveled, workout done. I really did something that kicked my butt yesterday. Strapped on my old cross country skis and did 10-15 minutes in my yard.
(Sorry Almity won't work in 80*) Thought I was gonna die.....Probably the same work out as Cbulla's. But I fell down...

Mark I'd go dancing with you!!!!! But the thing is with husbands, as much as they tell you they like to dance before you are married, and will go dancing...Once the service is over they completely forget how to and never dance again......:(

Saturday I did 30 minutes of Tai Chi. Yesterday, Sunday, I swam laps for 30 minutes.

CBulla:
... its an eliptical machine!
I second that. It is the low impact aspect that keeps me going back. Every now and then I switch to something else, but after a couple of workouts go back to it.

I have been a bit lazy at posting. Still recovering from the vacation I guess, and especially the shock of jumping back into work. Had to take a couple of days off (last Thursday/Friday) but back at the gym over the weekend and today. Alternating weight/cardio workout days with straight cardio workout days.

1/19: Day off. Got off of work late and brought work home.

1/20 Two brisk walks: morning 1 hour 4 minutes 3.2 miles (half in the rain) evening 2.2 miles

1/21 Morning: 40 minutes brisk walking. Afternoon 2 dives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom