7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, another 46 minute workout, 900 calories, yet I haven't lost any weight since the New Year :)

markfm:
Hmm, another 46 minute workout, 900 calories, yet I haven't lost any weight since the New Year :)

The more weight you have to lose the easier it is to lose it, then you reach a plateau, stabilize and then maybe lose again at some point you don't have much to lose so it becomes harder.

markfm:

Neither have I, right now, I don't care for the weight of my body. My concern is to build up the muscles.

Last night I went for a run, 1.1/4 hours, only managed about 6 miles. Totally ran out of energy. It's the combined diet as well.

Just for information:-
A lb of fat is about 3,600 calories
When exercising at a reasonable level (10 minute miling or faster) whatever your weight in lbs, multiply by 5, that'll give you how many calories you will burn an hour.
In every day life, with no added exercise you need about 12 calories per lb per day to survive, this is not your basal metabolic rate, which is obviously lower, but a guide of what you need for the average day.

I am going to take today off, I deserve a break.

sounds good Linda.... one thing we dont want to be doing is pushing ourselves to a injury so enjoy your day off as there is always tomorrow :D

Well, I do my cardio after work so life happened (something came up) and I couldn't do it. So missed one day. I'll get back into it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom