7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeeman:
By lifting glasses of rum from the table to your mouth?

Don't knock it till you've tried it :mooner::mooner:.

No but seriously
- Butterfly exercise
-Standing curl
- Wrist curl
-Lat pull down
- Underhand lat pull down
-Triceps press down
-Triceps extension
-Lateral raise
- Seated row
- Bench press

That's my usual regimen.

Did a 40 minute walk on the track with some intervals of light jogging yesterday. I decided to try the jogging just to see how my knees would react. They were pretty good, but I take really small strides to protect them. But it was good to get the heart pumping a little faster. It's a lot different walking on the track as opposed to the treadmill. I almost quit after 30 minutes but got a second wind.

Did a 35 minute walk during lunch today... wasn't as winded today... might try for a 45 minute walk in about a week.

Missed yesterday, but just picking up today as though nothing had happened... won't let that keep me down! :)

Well, I finished, much to my surprise.

Yup, Blue Dolphin's right, Almighty, I get paid to fight crime.

I've done some workouts with Sparring Bob where two minutes was a mighty long time. Last night was not an all out battle, since I figured I'd had a bit of that all out stuff, earlier. Just a tap-tap-tap-wham here and a knee and a couple elbows there, move back, re-attack. The biggest thing was to keep the hands up to protect my face between mini-battles to mock real life and create muscle memory. You're right, everybody should have a Sparring Bob!

Day 5 - 40 minutes brisk walking - 2.2 miles
Day 6 - 40 minutes brisk walking - 2.2 miles
Day 7 - 1 hr 10 minutes brisk walking - 3.2 miles

So far, so good. The problem will come on the day I have an appt after work, which is when I typically walk. I guess I'll have to bring clothes and shoes to work and do it on my lunch hour . . . .

LindaBluedolphin:
I would be interested in knowing exactly who actually completed the challenge with 7 days in a row, mostly out of curiosity.

Never skipped a day ever. Started this routine since August and still continue it. Even when the gym was close, I would use my "backup" exercise machine and do some weight training using a plastic rubber rope.

like i said last night - im finally MOTIVATED!!

woke up at 6am this morning for a 60min walk up and down hills

going to keep it happening!!

LindaBluedolphin:
I would be interested in knowing exactly who actually completed the challenge with 7 days in a row, mostly out of curiosity.

I've done it for more than 7 days straight, but the challenge was for the entire year, beginning Jan 1st. Most to the people that post here have done the challenge for 7 days (or more) straight. That is the purpose of the thread, as I read it.

sea nmf:
I've done it for more than 7 days straight, but the challenge was for the entire year, beginning Jan 1st. Most to the people that post here have done the challenge for 7 days (or more) straight. That is the purpose of the thread, as I read it.

Oh it is, but it is all about commitment and following through sometimes the best intentions get derailed. I have done it for 9 days straight now. Not sure I can keep it up especially once my classes start (taking 2 evening classes related to PhotoShop), but I am sure I can still do 4 days easy.

Sort of like when I lost my mind and decided to train for a marathon, there were people who said they would sign up with me but never did. I managed to complete 2 marathons that year (note I said complete, not ran). But that was 12 years ago. :D

I haven't posted much. I went diving yesterday... and even though the dive was short, the surface swim was decent in all the added weights! LOL That has to count for something, since I was winded. LOL

Today, I went to the gym and spent about an hour on weight machines, and 25 minutes on the recumbant bike. I peddled 5 miles in 25 min. 30 sec. I was shooting for 5 miles in 25 minutes, and just missed it by 30 seconds. Better luck next time. That still equals out to about 11.75 mph for the 25 min. I suppose that's not too bad for a girl that's just starting out.

My husband (nice, and in-shape!) joined the gym today too... he's my motivation and support. When Rod can't go, I can always meet Indydivegal there. She's good motivation and support too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom