7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get moving. Did not do any cardio yesterday, so I need to double up today. Maybe a slow jog would be a good start.

Jam, thanks for the inspiration. I got off my duff and walked for 35+ minutes with two 3lb weights in my hands. My arms I am sure will be sore tomorrow, but for today, I feel great.
Realized I may be so tired because I have not been taking any iron or B-12 pills.

Slacked off a little yesterday - did a light jog for about 20 mins. I went back into the rowing today, and I'm glad I gave my poor muscles a bit of rest. It was much easier to get going than it was on friday.

518423g.gif
<---:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: OH man, the laughing is hurting my stomach!

Okay, well, on to business. Yesterday, had a chocolate malt ball spree which I now have a bad stomach :(. The good news is it didn't pack any pounds this morning as it appears I'm well maintained at 152lb and steady, but got to be more careful. Yesterday did 45 minute cardio and 30 minute weight training and one dive. Today will do the same thing minus the dive due to current stupid weather conditions. Gotta keep fit in my small wetsuit now and BC :wink:.

Ok, I just found this forum... some of the boyz on SAR with me have been complaining bout us getting softer... so Im in, and I am draggin them with me,
as long as when were training in the river, fighting current counts?
Clay

Well today and yesterday I got back on the crosstrainer and did my 'regular' routine (30mins on crosstrainer, then weight training) for the first time since before xmas - oh boy I feel great! I feel I'm back on track and all the crap in the house has now been eaten, so its fruit, fruit and more fruit from now on!

Well, thanks to the inspiration of you all, and especially Almity, I didn't do my usual Sat. nothing. I did give my body a rest from weights and really stenuous cardio, and dug out my old T'ai Chi tape. Had a great deal of fun doing it for 40 minutes. Forgot some of the moves and had to rewind a few times, but I definity felt the chi heating up my body. :D Today is bright and sunny and as soon as I get an errand done, I am going to hit the track. My goal is 50 minutes of interval walking. You know. 1 minute of fast for about 3 minutes of brisk. I don't jog though because of my knees. So this will be my 7th day straight of some kind of exercise (6th of cardio with a raised heart rate).
And yes, Almity. If I clean house, I definitely count that as my exercise for the day.

I was feeling sort of bummed out that I didn't do my walk yesterday because I was so tired.

Then I realized, the reason I was tired was that I technically did get my 30 minute workout in yesterday... I worked from 9 pm Friday night until 3 am Saturday morning getting our network punched down in the new church buidling. This involved hauling ladders, compressors, paint cans, plaster, and other assorted construction materials out of where we were working to the hallway, and then back when we were done.

That definitely was more than 30 minutes where I had my heart rate up :)

Phew!

Anybody else playing with a HR monitor?

VERY fun toys. I started with the Polar and now have the Garmin. You can actualy set a little beep for when you drop out of or go above your target zone. Very satisfying after a ride or something to see the duration, av. HR, etc.

OK, back from the mountains where there was walking, swimming, sledding, etc. A full three days and I am done in. Congrats to all who have been working so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom