7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I only paid $30 for mine and it is digital, you can get one for a few bucks more at Walmart that tells you bodyfat, and other stuff too! I didn't get that model. I am not really sure I have lots of confidence in some of these testing methods. Years ago when I had mine done it was an "in water" one which had to do with displacement or something.

The one they use at my Weight Loss Meet Up group is a hand held grasping one. I really don't understand how it works exactly, and I also don't think it is that accurate, but who knows.

Thanks, Linda. I'll be close to a Walmart today, so I'll stop in and look at their scales.

OMG... ok... so we've all done those workouts that leave you unable to move the next day, right? So I went to get in the car and take the kids to school... I more fell into the drivers seat cause it hurt to bad to squat into the seat! LOL Then came the trouble when it was time to get outta the car... Uh... well... OUCH! I needed a crane! I think that devilish Denise Austin DVD found muscles I didn't know I had... and attacked them! I think my butt has been lifted about 2 inches since yesterday! Hah! Now I must work up the "umph" to get out and do my errands today. Let's see... how many times to I need to get in and out of the car? :rofl3:

You may wish to see about getting some arnical gel - sometimes they have it Walmart, sometimes you have to get it from a health food store (Wholefoods, etc). It really helps out when your muscles are sore.

OMG! I think I'm gonna faint! LOL Keeping in mind that I actually use 3 scales... home weigh in, Dr office weigh in, and the "Biggest Loser" weigh in at work (have to weigh in on ER scales and have a "witness")... all the scales are always within 3 lbs of each other. So, they're pretty accurate.

Well, since my home scale pooped out, I bought a new one. It's a different brand than the one that I had. I stepped onto the "new" scale and it showed a 10... YES TEN pound GAIN!!! OMG! Hubby even stepped on the scales and showed the same gain. I can understand a difference of maybe 1-3 lbs. I might even give it 4 lbs... but NOT TEN!!! :shakehead

I've decided that they can't possibly be accurate and I'm taking them back. I'll foot the extra $$ and buy a WW scale (the same brand I had before). Sheesh!

ER - that's so weird about the scale! Get yourself a good one! :) Afterall, its the measuring stick for your progress, so its well worth it.

Just home from the gym after some more motivational issues (again!!)
- 20 min on the treadmill, 1.10 miles, 3.0-3.4 mph, 2.5-3.0 incline. Gone are 174 calories.
- 25 min on the elliptical (+ 5 min cool down). 2.1 miles. Gone are 260 calories (approx).

I feel much better having gone. :sprite10: Shower time!

Yay, Sarita!

Well, I returned the evil scale, and then went to 3 places trying to find one that I liked! LOL I wound up at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. To my delight, they had all the scales out of the box and on display, so that you could actually try all of them out! As I suspected, I'm NOT 10 lbs heavier! LOL

After looking like a fool, and trying every scale multiple times, I settled on a "Thinner" scale, as it read the same weight 5 times in a row, regardless of how I stood on the scales. To me, that means it's pretty darn accurate! It measures weight, body fat, hydration, and bone mass... not that I'll use much more than the weight part, but oh well! Of course, it was also $65... EEK! However, the accuracy is well worth it. I tried the scale once I got home, and it measures right on what my "fritzed" scale used to measure (before it "fritzed" Hah!). So, I'm quite happy now! :D

Did my usual weight training and cardio and eating today. Tomorrow is diving on the charter ship and if the afternoon will go, I'll go again and yes, diving nitrox! :)

I did a bunch of hiking after work today, a variety of terrains, probably 2-3 miles

Early morning treading

10%
3.0 mph
2.25 miles
45:23 minutes (yesterday's All My Children)

WooooHooooo, Linda! You go, girl!

Dive safe, Roy!

As for me... I'll do some crunches and maybe some upper body work. My body is still sore and achy from the workout 2 days ago. Sheesh! I have to work tonight, but only 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom