7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LindaBluedolphin:
So you live about 7.8 miles from work? 15.52 miles is nothing to sneeze at! Good for you.:D

Maybe I should look into getting a bike or something stationary ones don't do it for me but to actually have a destination might. Only thing is I would not go alone, and like everything else I don't have anyone to do these things with me so I either go alone or simply don't do it. I would dive more if I had a buddy, but since I don't, I just usually wait until I am on vacation (most of the time) when there are other people around, but never really have a designated buddy. Every once in awhile I have one, but most of the time I don't.
Don´t want to be pedantic but that´s 15,5miles each way, round-trip is 31miles...

As to doing it alone, Ipod is your friend...I just listen to music and zone out (well I try :D )...

managed a much slower 15mins on the e machine tonight..... and feel much better at the slower pace so might repeat tomorrow and try to build up to the 30mins i know i should be doing

grazie42:
Don´t want to be pedantic but that´s 15,5miles each way, round-trip is 31miles...

As to doing it alone, Ipod is your friend...I just listen to music and zone out (well I try :D )...

I guess I am not great at metrics, I thought a 5k was about 3.2 miles so that is how I came up with my numbers (25/3.2). Regardless good job!

Ok... I tried the new workout DVD... worked on abs and lower body. I think Denise Austin is the devil! :rofl3: Yeah... it's definitely hard on the knees for lower body. Some of the ab work is murder too and requires being on the knees. I modified those parts! LOL

I think I'm gonna have to work up to this one, or pick and choose what parts are doable. LOL

I have not worked out in almost two weeks. I am still getting new rashes of poison ivy on my body and it's been a week and half already. I can't believe this. My face is a lot better but this morning I found new rashes on my arms. I feel like jumping off a cliff. I may just go to the gym today anyway and try to do a little on the bike. I feel so sluggish and uncomfortable though. Life sucks sometimes.

fairybasslet:
I have not worked out in almost two weeks. I am still getting new rashes of poison ivy on my body and it's been a week and half already. I can't believe this. My face is a lot better but this morning I found new rashes on my arms. I feel like jumping off a cliff. I may just go to the gym today anyway and try to do a little on the bike. I feel so sluggish and uncomfortable though. Life sucks sometimes.

Oh, Fairy... I'm sorry to hear you're still fighting the poison ivy. Maybe it's time for a steroid shot. Are you still on the steroid pills... was it a dose pack (6 the first day, 5 the next day, and so on)? Good luck to you!

I really wish that there was a good place to ride bikes around here. Of course, having a bike would help too! LOL I used to have a nice stationary recumbant bike, but sold it a few years back. I regret selling it.

erparamedic:
Oh, Fairy... I'm sorry to hear you're still fighting the poison ivy. Maybe it's time for a steroid shot. Are you still on the steroid pills... was it a dose pack (6 the first day, 5 the next day, and so on)? Good luck to you!
At first the doctor gave me 30 mg for 3 days then a dose pack. But a couple of days later I called and they upped it to 50 mg for 2 days, 40 for 2, etc. I am now on 2 mg. It is not enough. I asked for a shot at the very first visit but that ****ing doctor wouldn't listen to me!!

bwhahahahah hey COOLT!!

guess what just hit our tv screens down here.... can you hear me singing....

to dream
the impossible dream....

10%
3.0 mph
2.5 miles
50:12 minutes (and last night's LOST)

Well... I was feeling extra motivated tonight! I took a walk and dragged the dog along. Usually, she's the one dragging me! Hah! I honestly don't think I've ever had to drag her along till tonight... lots of coaxing and "c'mon Dolly!" LOL I think she wondered why we were walking so fast. I did one mile in roughly 14-15 minutes... a brisk walk.

Feelin' good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom