7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, folks! This is my official, motivational post of the day!

Linda and I have been using a "weight loss thermometer" to help us keep track of our losses and put our success into a "visual" perspective. Sooo... It's time to share!

Here's the "thermometer". You can print it out and customize it for yourself. It breaks a "big goal" down into several small... more attainable goals. Every time you hit a weight listed on your thermometer, color in the bar. I believe Linda has hit the 50% point! Woooo Hoooo, Linda! I'm at about 37% or so.

Here's how you customize it. Now, it will take a few minutes and it may be helpful to have a piece of scratch paper or calculator.

How to fill in the lines:

1. On the 0% line write down your starting weight.
2 On the 100% line write your desired ending weight.
3. Subtract the ending weight from the starting weight. This is your desired weight loss. Write it down on a separate piece of paper.
4. Each of the individual lines represents 2% of your total weight loss. Multiply your desired weight loss by 0.02. Write down the result on your scratch paper. We will call this value the 2% value.
5. Now, subtract the 2% value you found in step four from your Starting weight. Write the result down on the line right above the line you wrote your Starting weight on.
6. For each line, all the way up, subtract the 2% value from the line which is already filled in, and then write the result on the line directly above it. Continue this until you reach the top.

Have fun with it! Oh... and if you have trouble with the attachment listed, you can go to this website to get the graphic. http://www.dwlz.com/thermometer2.html

Attachments

• thermometer.jpg
    thermometer.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 31
I love my thermometer!

I think I will get to color in maybe 2 more bars tomorrow :D

Oh yes people are starting to notice

One person said I looked like a sack of bones (if only that were true). I am feeling better about all this work now that it is being noticed.

I may be short, but I have a large frame so I can carry my weight well so I have never look as blimpo as I really am.

Okay! I just got my thermometer. I have my starting weight in there and all the numbers filled in. I just don't want to fill anything in until I weigh myself tomorrow AM. But I am excited!

Ya'll are awesome. Ya'll are keeping me motivated, despite whatever it is that is keeping me from attaining my goals. I am starting to think it is more than mental, and there are some physical things going on that I need to take care of. Dang health issues gettin in the way of my workout!
Thanks all for keeping me motivated, even if I am not actively participating right now. (I did work out on Monday, and will again on Thursday afternoon, then dive on Saturday morning).

My goal is to color in my next bar by Friday! (I have LOTS to lose.. so my bars are set at roughly 2.5 or 2.6 lbs apart.) I've actually hit and surpassed the weight "of that bar" 2 or 3 times now... but I wait to color them in till I'm "that" weight 2 days in a row. My plateau is playing with me! I get a taste of the lower weight, then I jump back up... drop down... jump back up! I'm gonna get down, and stay down, dammit!!! LOL :D

Linda.... I hope you get 2 bars colored in! How exciting!

I had 2 more people at work notice my weight loss! Isn't it exciting!

A Thermometer is a great incentive. I use paper clips. Each paperclip=1lb. I have them right near the refridgerator door where I can see my progress.

Scuba_Jenny:
A Thermometer is a great incentive. I use paper clips. Each paperclip=1lb. I have them right near the refridgerator door where I can see my progress.
That's an interesting idea Jenny. I have actually be toying with the idea of doing a paperchain - links of paper per #, writing on each one how I feel at the time or some other bit of motivation. My husband would think its crazy. All the more reason to do it, right?!?! :eyebrow:

Absolutely! I am imagining brightly colored rings around the room! How Hokey! Fun!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom