6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I want to come to this but
...but some A-HOLE broke into my Miata last night and stole my presciption sunglasses AND my prescription driving glasses so now I have to pay the deductible on a new top ($500) and buy a new pair of glasses so that I can drive the thing. There goes my economic stimulus check...I'd write some choice words but this is a family board. I guess y'all will have to have fun without me. :(

...but some A-HOLE broke into my Miata last night and stole my presciption sunglasses AND my prescription driving glasses so now I have to pay the deductible on a new top ($500) and buy a new pair of glasses so that I can drive the thing. There goes my economic stimulus check...I'd write some choice words but this is a family board. I guess y'all will have to have fun without me. :(

Man. that bites.:shakehead:

That's a pretty long swim and the best meg areas are out by the boneyard. You'd get some good exercise, but probably not find a lot on a straight line swim from the boneyard to Alhambra. I think it would work better if Jaime operated kind of like a water taxi...that is, make regularly scheduled runs, say every 20 minutes or so. That way you pick a time to pop up when you know he will be back out in the area and get a lift back to the beach. I'd be willing to chip in some money for gas, and if everyone came up with a few bucks, it would help offset the rediculous fuel cost.

Just a thought...what does everyone else think?

I like the idea also. Assuming we can get away I would be willing to chip in for some gas. Maybe put a semi permanent marker like a big orange dock float (the type that the Coast Guard uses on their cutters)to indicate where to meet the boat so he is not picking us up over a large area and make things a little more efficient.

look what a first timer found out there Thursday left back to Swisszerland next day
5 incher cha-ching

Attachments

• Teeth 062608.jpg
    Teeth 062608.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Teeth 0626080.jpg
    Teeth 0626080.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 79
Hey, Jamie!

We were brainstorming some ideas about keeping track of divers in the water so we don't lose anybody out there. Should we have a contact person on the boat who keeps a written log of divers so we know who's in the water at all times? Each diver will be responsible for checking in with that one person to get themselves listed as down or up as they come and go? Another thought was some kind of check-in/check-out system involving numbered velcro straps that would attach to diver or equipment that must be turned in upon exiting the water.

Maybe it's the mom in me, but I just want to make sure that everybody is accounted for at all times. I love my conchs! :eek:)

Kris

Yes I was speaking with Terry at depthfinders about tying a certain color ribbon on dive flags according to when we drop divers off that way when I see a dive flag I know when they went down, Yes I always make a list of who, when, and what time I expect divers up. The more safety features we can have on trip the better. If you can make one person reponsible for collecting item s and communitcating source to get them to event would be much smoother.

Yes I was speaking with Terry at depthfinders about tying a certain color ribbon on dive flags according to when we drop divers off that way when I see a dive flag I know when they went down, Yes I always make a list of who, when, and what time I expect divers up. The more safety features we can have on trip the better. If you can make one person reponsible for collecting item s and communitcating source to get them to event would be much smoother.
Absolutely! On both sides of the issue!

Jamie, I for one, want to thank you personally for your efforts here! You are the first professional boat to sign on to this yearly event, and should receive accolades for that commitment! I believe this year's event will overshadow all past events!

Count me in with my raft. Its only capable of carying 2 people with 4 tanks and has a small (3.5 HP motor). I will hang at the drop off site for safety purposes after I get 2 dives in of course. Thanks

Looking forward to this event! whoo hooo!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom