6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries Bill, we'll leave a few out there for you! :)

So, anyone have an idea how we can utilize Jaime's boat to get us out? I'd chatted with one person and they suggested dropping us at the BY and we swim back underwater.. i.e. start at the bone yard, swim East.. thats where my thought of the Zodiac support came to mind, someone helping being a flag tender.

Well, I want to come to this but at $4 a gallon for gas, it's going to cost me $75 round-trip to get to this not even considering tolls...would any other S.E. Florida peeps like to ride with me and pay half the expenses? I'd be leaving Dania/Hollywood at 7 a.m. and I do need to be back in the evening. Any takers?

Debby, intersted in going for the weekend and bring the furry kiddos along? they would love hanging at Casa de Bulla!

Gosh that sounds like a great idea, but I have to be back Saturday night. My friend who went with me last year will be out of town this year so I need another rideshare person.

Well, my birthday is in August. I guess that is close enough for me to call this trip "My early birthday dive trip" !!! Yea for me!!

MEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!! PICK ME PICK ME!:D

My birthday is in Aug too maybe I can celebrate with a beach dive. I'm not sure if I will be a newly single diver yet but we will see.

Mod Post

Sorry for the disruption! I did edit/delete a couple of posts that related directly to the deleted material which has been restored.

Back to the regularly scheduled posting.​

Mod Post

No worries Bill, we'll leave a few out there for you! :)

So, anyone have an idea how we can utilize Jaime's boat to get us out? I'd chatted with one person and they suggested dropping us at the BY and we swim back underwater.. i.e. start at the bone yard, swim East.. thats where my thought of the Zodiac support came to mind, someone helping being a flag tender.

That's a pretty long swim and the best meg areas are out by the boneyard. You'd get some good exercise, but probably not find a lot on a straight line swim from the boneyard to Alhambra. I think it would work better if Jaime operated kind of like a water taxi...that is, make regularly scheduled runs, say every 20 minutes or so. That way you pick a time to pop up when you know he will be back out in the area and get a lift back to the beach. I'd be willing to chip in some money for gas, and if everyone came up with a few bucks, it would help offset the rediculous fuel cost.

Just a thought...what does everyone else think?

I would certainly be willing to throw in gas money for an opportunity like that!!

I would gratefully chip in some gas money.

I would be more than willing to pitch in for gas money. I do hope to bring the Zodiac but the only hitch might be that I am also bringing my one year old daughter (and wife). We may run into a situation were we can't stay the full day and I wouldn't want people to count on the boat being there the whole time and then it isn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom