6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey gang... THIS was fun!

For those who didn't make it: The morning was very flat and vis was great. The afternoon had a bit of a chop and vis suffered accordingly. It was still diveable if you had two good ankles! :D

I was happy with my 3.5" tooth. I only came up with 116 teeth, and the one big Mako was really cool!

The food was GREAT as usual... only not enough tables! :D My heartfelt thanks to those who set up the shelters and brought tables. Even bigger thanks to those who CLEANED UP! We always make a point to leave the beach pristine after each event, and I am SURE that people notice!

Reef Raker clan - I'd like to hear more about what you do. That sounded so super cool.

The Reef Rakers is a nonprofit under the Volunteer Services of Manatee County- We have sent the kids on cleanup dives to the Keys and West Palm. Money was very tight this year but we still have 4 more dives planned this year with the group. Here is a link to their web site for more information on the program.

WOW! We all had a blast. I only wish I could have stayed longer. Tim held me to my word to get him home in time to get 6 hours of sleep before work but we still was able to get 6 hours at the beach.

I found two nice Megs and Sarah got her first, thank you Jamie for not allowing her to throw it back, because it was too big.

Jamie and Crew- As always a wonderful dive and you took us right to them! I appreciate you buddying with Sarah and I hope she didn't slow you down too much. :goldfish:

Thank you Jenny for taking Sarah out with you and Jules- Do you believe she was still up at ten last night wanting me to take her to a movie? Where do they get the energy? She is also the only one of my clan not fried because she was under the water more than above. :)

Thank you all for the wonderful time and hospitality. Count us in for the November Party and I will make it the entire day even if it means calling off of work. I hope the boss does not read the ScubBoard.:D Looking forward to becoming a regular and getting to know all of you better.

Reef Raker & Clan

Noooo not the day after Turkey day, how about the day after
the day after?? My boss already claimed it off for the shopping
frenzy. So I cant make it. She plans on damaging her credit
cards with all the deals.

:azvatar: Great day at the beach and underwater. Got there as the vis was turning however still a remarkable dive. Didn't find any big megs but did find a whale rib and lots of smaller teach. Also played with a big grouper who hung with me for a few minutes, small peacock flounders, crabs, searobin's and baby octo. Was wishing I had my camera then - oh, yes I'm here looking for teeth - focus - lol.

Good to meet some of you, put faces with screen names. Hard to meet everyone because we were diving so much! I like the idea of name badges - do they stick to a wet wetsuit? Maybe a big whiteboard with sign in's so you know who is under h2o and who is doing a SI under the tents.

Walter and Nancy - were you ever dry? I only saw you coming and going to get a fresh tank! How many dives did ya'll do?? :goldfish: :fish:

Marvel was there?? How did I miss you??? We must have been on seperate dive/SI schedules. Sorry - would have loved to catch up... Let's do a east coast dive soon...

Thanks to everyone who brought food, set up, cleaned up and made it a special day. (who got trash duty?) Made it back to St. Pete in time to clean up and head back to my high school reunion dinner. Got to share wonderful stories of the day & dive! Maybe we'll get some more local members :D

Lisa

Here is the cleaned up version of the tooth I found yesterday. I couldn't find a ruler so I went out an caught an actual 10 foot alligator with my bare hands for size reference . :rofl3:

Attachments

• DSCN0196.jpg
    DSCN0196.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 74
Here is the cleaned up version of the tooth I found yesterday. I couldn't find a ruler so I went out an caught an actual 10 foot alligator with my bare hands for size reference . :rofl3:

WOW!!! That is so cool and amazing! I really would have liked to see how you caught that ! the tooth is really nice too...

BTW, I think Marvel lost a mask. Maybe the one found belongs to her.

Nope! Mine was rescued & brought back to me by a young boy- he got a handful of shark's teeth for his efforts.

Really wonderful hanging out with so many of my friends yesterday. I'm glad I went. Jim, hang in there- I'm impressed, dude! Mary Ann- you're a GREAT road trip buddy! :fruit: It was also wonderful to meeet so many new people. Unfortunately, I am the WORST at remembering names. I agree- name tags would be a boon for next year...:shakehead:

Colin, Kris, Tracy- awesome job! Captain Jaimie- thank you so much for running the baot out to the boneyard for us! See y'all next year! :wavey:

Cigami... your myspace profile is private. We cant see any pictures unless we are your friends...

Noooo not the day after Turkey day, how about the day after
the day after?? My boss already claimed it off for the shopping
frenzy. So I cant make it. She plans on damaging her credit
cards with all the deals.

Its actually the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving for the Turkey Fry.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom