6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reefguy found a dive knife today. Ask him about it.

If it has yellow in the color scheme it is probally mine.

I m cleaning mine and will post them soon Divemaster Bob

Can't wait to see the pics. Wish I could of been there with my kids.

[/FONT]
I was lucky enough to find a nice tooth. It was 5 1/4 inches. I've attached a couple pictures below of the tooth being showcased by Krawbaby.

Wow that sure is a nice pacifier Krawbaby has.

Wow that sure is a nice pacifier Krawbaby has. [/QUOTE]

Believe it or not I wasn't letting her chew on that nasty thing. She stuck it in her mouth as I took the picture. Hopefully social services doesn't see that pic. (not sure why I can't seem to make the quote function work for me tonight)

Last edited:
I have never had the Police come up to us on a dive boat before. although that anon. call via 911 from the other charter boat trying to get us in trouble was quite interesting considering we were completely LEGAL :D :wink:

Sounds like that guy is a miserable piece of :censored:
:stirpot:

That thing looks even more massive up against her. i saw that baby and another in pink, yes? Adorable.

Fantastic food all. The nacho dealio and chili - oh man were they good. Sierra ended up with a bag of carmel corn that put her in heaven (maybe myself a bit as well :wink:)

I had an absolutely fantastic time. The only thing is there just aren't enough hours in the day. So many I would have like to of chatted with and gotten to know a bit better.

Big kudos to Jamie and the crew. Thanks for being such lifesavers. And Brenda, great stuff with the ID assistance.

BrentR - You rock. Thanks again for the fins.

Joyce, glad you still had a good time w/o diving. It was nice to see u. :)

Also, is someone missing a mask (a good mask at that)???????????

Oh And a big Happy Birthday to ScubaJenny :balloon

Reef Raker clan - I'd like to hear more about what you do. That sounded so super cool.

Hey Miss D. It was nice diving with you. I feel the same way you do in that there were MANY people I wish I would have met but didn't. As I was leaving I met someone who suggested name tags in some form next year with our screen names followed by our real names. It's something to think about I guess. My concern is the only place Colin would have for the tag might be his speedo.......

K i left my stuff in the car to wash today since I was in
pain when i got home. I m hoping the mask wasnt mine lol
I d have to hurt the cub for losing it. I can relate to the
whole red and white thing. Then the cat decided my
leg with the owies was a new scratch post. Dang that
hurt. And it is a shame that they called the cops on you.
I cant believe they actually came out tho lol. Must have
been a slow day for the PD lol. So when is the next
get together? lol. I need more dive time.

so how many other dive charters are there other than Jamie... are we just being nice and not naming names or is it really a mystery? Not looking to start anything just curious.

I second the name tags... I really didnt put many faces to the screen names. Oh well there is always next year.

I found a mask today too but it looked like it was lost some time ago. blue and clear with a nose purge. I think it would fall under unsalvagable because of all the growth...

That thing looks even more massive up against her. i saw that baby and another in pink, yes? Adorable.

Fantastic food all. The nacho dealio and chili - oh man were they good. Sierra ended up with a bag of carmel corn that put her in heaven (maybe myself a bit as well :wink:)

I had an absolutely fantastic time. The only thing is there just aren't enough hours in the day. So many I would have like to of chatted with and gotten to know a bit better.

Big kudos to Jamie and the crew. Thanks for being such lifesavers. And Brenda, great stuff with the ID assistance.

Joyce, glad you still had a good time w/o diving. It was nice to see u. :)

Also, is someone missing a mask (a good mask at that)???????????

Oh And a big Happy Birthday to ScubaJenny :balloon

Reef Raker clan - I'd like to hear more about what you do. That sounded so super cool.

Hey MissD, sorry I didn't get to visit with ya longer. Reefguy's son, Zech, lost his mask. It could be his.

I had a great time!! Nice meeting peeps and putting faces with screennames.

The nacho mexican mix food was great!! All the food brought was good!!

Let's do it again soon!

BTW, I think Marvel lost a mask. Maybe the one found belongs to her.

Last edited:

Thank you and no problem... Next time you take the Atomic Splits and I'll get the workout with the SlipStreams. :wink: (Realized on the way home it would have been more gentleman-like to donate the easier kicking Atomics)

Food was great and dives were fun. MANY thanks to the fellow that allowed me to keep my gear under his tent for the duration of the day.

Ivan? (Forgot both real and ScubaBoard names, sorry..): Thanks for the dive, had a good time.

Good morning! Wow, what a day! Keeping it brief, great attendance mixed with the Jaime's boat from the beach opening the bone yard experience for finding Megs, great eats back on the beach, meeting all new people and greeting old friends alike, and watching all the kids just play and play and play... What more could you ask for?! Great diving stories of course! :D

Kris is so proud of her Meg, as is Jenny and the one's she's found :)

Its a shame that an annonymous caller felt the need to call in and waste the Sheriff Dept time with reporting this and of course, remaining annonymous as if this were like calling in a murder suspect.

Thank you everyone who showed up and had a fun time! Thank you Tracey for helping out with helping me get some structure over the home strech.. my carrying of the on-call phone and a series of servers requiring some extra love made the extra assistance invaluable and very appreciated!

It was suggested to move up the road to the Service Club area next year, if anything for a giant common shelter and better parking.

Next Venice bash...... Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry! Oh yes.. fried turkey!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom