6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Bash - July 26, 2008 at Venice, FL (Take2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can someone give us directions to find the boneyard? Roger and I are swiming out from the beach. I understand that it's far from shore in about 20 fsw, but where is it in relation to where everyone is on the beach? Where's the closest parking?

From what I can tell, it looks like it's about a 1/2 mile South of Alahambra, correct?

A 1/2 mile south sounds pretty close but it is almost a mile out due west from the shore. That would be quite a swim.

1. If you plan on diving off boat you MUST have a dive flag
2. Boat will run 9,11,1 out to boneyard(guideline can stay later if need be)
3. Boat for saftey will remain at drop off enitre time only to come back to pick up new
divers.
4. Brent if you can bring your zodiac I have a 9hp motor for back of it if you will
contact me , I would like to disscuss use. If can't bring I might have one avail.
5. I will have crew on boat with a list of all divers and time they go in and out of water
6. Originally I planned on dropping off divers and running a taxi service but in sake of
saftey I feel better just to do dives and come back in each trip.
7. I will have colored strips to label dive flags to know whos in water and time in.
8. weather conditions will play a big factor in transporting divers to boat and to spot
9. I am doing this as a thank you to all of you for support BUT I also want to make
sure it is a FUN, & SAFE DAY. This being said I am open to customize trip
accordingly.

thanks again
Capt Jamie

ps will added more info as it comes in thanks for your patience in advance:D

Hey Jamie. Use of the Zodiac won't be a problem. I will call you today to work out the details. I don't know if we are signing up ahead of time but I would love a spot on that 11:00 trip.

Sign me up for the 9 AM trip! Have flag, ready to find the megs!
If room permits, I am game for the 1 PM trip, being that if all that want to go out have been able to go out and we are on round two.
Color me excited! Whoo HOO!!!

Jenny, Just to be clear is that you and Crab or just you?

Jamie, Me n Sis would like to be on the 11, if that is possible.

1. If you plan on diving off boat you MUST have a dive flag
2. Boat will run 9,11,1 out to boneyard(guideline can stay later if need be)
3. Boat for saftey will remain at drop off enitre time only to come back to pick up new
divers.
4. Brent if you can bring your zodiac I have a 9hp motor for back of it if you will
contact me , I would like to disscuss use. If can't bring I might have one avail.
5. I will have crew on boat with a list of all divers and time they go in and out of water
6. Originally I planned on dropping off divers and running a taxi service but in sake of
saftey I feel better just to do dives and come back in each trip.
7. I will have colored strips to label dive flags to know whos in water and time in.
8. weather conditions will play a big factor in transporting divers to boat and to spot
9. I am doing this as a thank you to all of you for support BUT I also want to make
sure it is a FUN, & SAFE DAY. This being said I am open to customize trip
accordingly.

thanks again
Capt Jamie

ps will added more info as it comes in thanks for your patience in advance:D
Jaime, you've got my support 100% for this scheduling system. I like it! Safety oriented AND diver oriented. I can't thank you enough for volunteering to ferry us to and fro and be a part of this event! :)

Capt Jamie:

I've never been out there - could I get on the early ride (9am)? Thank you offering this!!!

If I can talk Mike into dragging me out there, I'll need to stay cool in the shade, not allowed in the water. We do have have an umbrella barely large enough for personal use. Was wondering if anybody would be setting up those larger shade canopies? Otherwise, it will be a very long hot and sticky day for me. Especially without the nearby public restroom facilities.

But, I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny, Just to be clear is that you and Crab or just you?

Jamie, Me n Sis would like to be on the 11, if that is possible.

Most likely just me.

Jamie that sounds like a good plan.
As you know Roxanne and I have everything needed to find megs :D

Could you please put us on your 9am trip

You are picking us up near the beach or do we need to be at the dock ?
I'm not 100% clear on that.

Thanks Again
Dennis

Last edited:
What was decided about doing burgers and dogs? I signed up for buns but if we are going to go the chicken route then I will bring something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom