5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two OOV tanks,... a 63 @ 2k, and an 80 @ 1500. The depth will be about 20 feet so this will at least get me two dives in! Gear is being sorted and prepped! I'll be picking up the 10 x 10 canopy on Thursday to bring down. I have planned this for 3 freakin years and I'm tired of things getting in the way! It is said that we find ways to accomplish what is important and make excuses for what is not. Do you pay your mortgage? Do you take time to eat? Do you wash your car every weekend? Do you clean out the filter on your hot water heater every six months? Point made!
I'll be there early on Saturday as I'm NOT working, and I'm tired of showing up at 1PM and staring at the water, not getting any dives in! See you at the beach!

Hiya Barbara ... you will have a buddy. This is a fun event (other then the cold water) and a great way to meet fellow divers :wink:
Kim P
Thanks Kim, I will come then. I dove with Scuba Crab last sunday at Spanish Rocks so I know the cold...still wanna dive...I love it!!!
I think I will bring green bean caserole. :D

Thats right, this is the 5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

More coming, but I wanted to get your minds a working... :coffee:
  • Time: 9am till....
  • What to bring: You, guests, something for potluck Turkey fry Lunch!
  • What to exepct: Diving, food, fossils (prehistoric and walking the beach), family beach fun, comradary, and a good nights sleep afterwards
  • Cost: whatever the current rate for liquid dinosaur is, air fill cost, potluck plate cost and whatever else you choose to purchase.
  • Special Needs: If you've never been to Venice to fossil, read this: Reefguy's Venice Beach Tooth Finding Guide --
DennisS - Stuffing
Cardzard - Fermented sugarcane juice
Diversolo - broccoli-raisin-peanut-onion salad along with some hotdog and hamburger buns, cold drinks, and a cooler full of drinking water. 10x10 shade. Turkey Fryer (?)
Simbrooks - Baked Bean
Scuba_Jenny - Turkey
Blondeambition - second Turkey & Fryer

I signed up on the roster but where and how do you sign up with what food you are bringing?

I have two OOV tanks,...
Peeps, if you need tanks, your friendly neighborhood tank pimp can help you out! Just PM me with your requests and I will acknowledge or deny based on how many tanks I have. First PM, first served! :D

Do I need to sign up?:wink: See ya'll on Saturday (and some of Friday afternoon). Hopefully we will have to get tanks filled on Friday afternoon..(weather, PLEASE Cooperate on this coast!!!) Have turkey, will bring. Who is frying them this year? Do we need more than one turkey? Is there anything special I need to do (besides thawing) to the bird? Flip it??:D :D :D

Do I need to sign up?:wink: See ya'll on Saturday (and some of Friday afternoon). Hopefully we will have to get tanks filled on Friday afternoon..(weather, PLEASE Cooperate on this coast!!!) Have turkey, will bring. Who is frying them this year? Do we need more than one turkey? Is there anything special I need to do (besides thawing) to the bird? Flip it??:D :D :D

Does it need to be injected with the good stuff?

I took the liberty of skimming through the thread to see what everyone was bringing in addition to what is posted on the first thread. This is what I came up with:

Main Dishes:
Scuba_Jenny - Turkey
Blondeambition - Turkey
Cardzard - Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
Lil Bit - Hamburgers and Hotdogs

Sides:
DennisS - Stuffing
Cardzard - Potato Salad
Diversolo - broccoli-raisin-peanut-onion salad
Simbrooks - Baked Beans
DiverBry - unspecified sides
babaralove62 - Green Bean Casserole