5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Thats right, this is the 5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

More coming, but I wanted to get your minds a working... :coffee:
  • Time: 9am till....
  • What to bring: You, guests, something for potluck Turkey fry Lunch!
  • What to exepct: Diving, food, fossils (prehistoric and walking the beach), family beach fun, comradary, and a good nights sleep afterwards
  • Cost: whatever the current rate for liquid dinosaur is, air fill cost, potluck plate cost and whatever else you choose to purchase.
  • Special Needs: If you've never been to Venice to fossil, read this: Reefguy's Venice Beach Tooth Finding Guide --
Main Dishes:
Scuba_Jenny - Turkey
Blondeambition - Turkey
Cardzard - Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
Lil Bit - Hamburgers and Hotdogs

Sides:
DennisS - Stuffing
Cardzard - Potato Salad
Diversolo - broccoli-raisin-peanut-onion salad
Simbrooks - Baked Beans
DiverBry - unspecified sides
babaralove62 - Green Bean Casserole

Drinks:
Cardzard - 2 cases of soda
Diversolo - cold drinks & water
Dv4fun - cooler of drinks
DiverBry - soda & water

Desserts:
dlscozz - pumkin pies (4-5)
kbulla - apple pies (2)

I'll bring the stuffing!

Keep watch of the first post, it is where all updates and info go. I made sure to get the thread started before I forgot again though! :D

I have been debating about moving from Alhambra where we usually are and moving just a short distance down the road for better facilities with regards to cooking and shelter, etc... I think it would behoove me to dive it a bit more though. Sooo.. I need some excuses to recon :D

Hey Cbulla,

We checked out the new park down by Sharky's yesterday & it's pretty nice.

Count me as interested. I usually have family in town for Thanksgiving, but if they don't stay over for the weekend, I would really like to make it.

I'm interested too. My plans for Thanksgiving shouldn't last but a couple days and I have family in the area I could stay with. I had to back out last year so I don't want to miss this one. :)

Here's how its looking for me. I'm looking to come to Venice Beach, dive and fry turkeys, THEN I'm off to GA for the week!

Now, for the day of Frying turkeys to crispy treats.. I'm looking at both parking and diving facilities. Maybe Diversolo or some of the others who dive there what seems to be several times a week can help me out with what they think of the diving a lil farther south at the first park south of Dog Park or there abouts with facilities vs. shark tooth finds. Of course, with 1 in 4 years being truely divable conditions for the majority of folks who were there (last year was the first time we got to dive it and SEE the bottom to find teeth.. and I with hypothermia! Wee!!), tradition says its a total craps shoot but fun anyway!

I do know that a little further down there is a higher chance of mammal finds and much more reef than off Alhambra as thats where I found the Mastadon Tibia I have here at my desk along with a bunch of other interesting finds.

I'll toss in some information later today.. it seems to be one of those days here today.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom