2 women killed by sharks i Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to my old logbook: Maaya Thila That's how it was... :yeahbaby:
FD163823-6328-4B73-874A-EBF9B19EE987.png

I think this is the one where sharks and giant trevallys hunt with our dive lights :).

Where? Not in Thailand. I dove there for the whole month of February 2022 and saw no shark!
The Americas and Australia are what I'm familiar with. Unfortunately getting the data in many parts of Asia is difficult, and of course a lot of mass scale hunting and finning is still done there (speaking of China mostly) so I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the case (decline) in the Thailand area.
If you like reading research, a cool topic to look up is shark surveys via asian seafood markets. Since they cant get the actual fisheries data, they walk through the seafood markets in China (in the import hubs), and then make purchases, run DNA samples, and categorize species, numbers, etc. It's a very round-about but creative way of getting an idea of populations in those areas.

Edit: nice videos!

Reactions: Dan
Oh yea, pretty commonly visited dive site in Maldives. In 2019 I saw several mantas there, but no sharks. In 2021 I saw one mantas and several sharks.
@Dan If you don't stop posting these mouth watering videos, i will realling start hating you!
:wink:

Reactions: Dan
@Dan If you don't stop posting these mouth watering videos, i will realling start hating you!
:wink:
Hahaha. Glad to hear that you like the videos.

If you want to see more, just go to my YouTube channel: Dan Tirto or even better, subscribe to my channel.

I’m into diving with Sharks. Still actively traveling & diving around the world in search of Sharks, posting videos for public to watch, hoping to see that the Sharks are worth more alive than dead, hoping for the Shark fishermen to fade away from killing Sharks and to find better jobs than finning them & letting them sink to the abyss.

Does anyone have updates about whether water activities are resumed? Trying to figure out whether to change reservation to somewhere else, as I would enjoy snorkeling when I'm not diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom