$100 Reward for finding sun glasses in lake travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Met up with him, But was unable to locate the glasses in all of the muck, unfortunately

I had a similar situation, years ago. Husband of co-worker lost special anniversary watch while cleaning sailboat, in slip. Water depth was 60 feet under his boat, and he "knew" exactly where it fell. I did four tethered dives in pitch black (took me two of those just to find the bottom), and came up with nothing. I don't think some people understand the lack of visibility (especially in fresh water lakes) or the trajectory a falling, flat object can take.

I hope he appreciated what he was asking you to do, and what you did for him, regardless of the outcome.

Yes, he was more than generous, I would have considered just using the boat to have a new spot to dive as being reward enough. He was very grateful for our efforts.

I wish I could get out there again and scale along the shore (the rocky shore sloped down to about 25-30ft deep and the vis was not bad there, 5-10ish feet) for them again.

No I don't have GPS coordinates, but I could point out the spot on a map. I wish we would have dropped a marker but I didnt think so. I did, however, find some panama jack sunglasses when diving with Lake Travis Scuba the next day that I kept :)

I'm glad some one was able to at least give this a shot. Its to bad there aren't rewards out there for more of the junk on the bottom of Travis. I have an intact fishing rod and reel in my garage that I picked up during my advanced class at Mansfield a while back and a nifty new dive knife I stumbled upon there as well.

Back
Top Bottom