Suggested CCR Reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, for coldwater the SW sucks, but the shop I use in Mexico loves them for the caves there, so since I will be in Tulum anyway for some more cave training, I wanted to see what CCR is all about. For our local waters I'm looking at either JJ or a Meg, because hey, who needs to retire anyway, right? I'm also looking at DPV's because I apparently hate money :p
Jj is really good on cold water, I haven't had any issues when diving under ice in 4 degrees or below. Everyone uses them in Finland

Yeah I bought a booster from a guy that highly recommends the jj
for falling out of his van whilst driving down the road survivability

But manuals, I say it would be Bozanic on sense of humour alone

full.jpg

Despite his 34 olympic sized swimming pools of knowledge ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Dr Mel Clark includes pertinent detail for a good price, you can dive from these

But I have to say the detail on the AP site is quite impressive

Information from published people for free and not for free

In fact, AP has done a lot for rebreather diving, no doubt about it!
Few years ago i've bought an Inspo Classic, just for trying CCR. Never looked back, i've got the hook!
Tryed also the inspiration Vision, and upgraded my classic with an AV1 head, turning it on the Inspirovsky :), put some golem CL´s and i am very hapy with it. I know AP units has some downsides, and it´s not popular around here, but the fact is that it works, and i would be happy buying an inspiration again.
Also have a Sidewinder, but for boat ocean diving, especially in rough conditions, i do prefer the inspiration, although managed some great diving from boats with the SW, with no big difficulties.
If i wasn´t in a budget, i really love to buy a MEG, not just because it´s bullet proof, and with good tracking, but also because is the most popular unit with the blokes i usually dive with, together with the SW, so it would make ownership easier.

Google rebreather forum 3 - there was a lot of important discussion there to read.

I have had a JJ five year, it isn’t the only rebreather I have owned and I think it is great. It is similar to the APD machines but in a big metal tube as standard. There seems to be a major regional difference in what people use EU vs US. Partly this may be down to the CE testing requirements in the EU but also they are much more common here and people tend to adopt what they see being used.

Google rebreather forum 3 - there was a lot of important discussion there to read.

I have had a JJ five year, it isn’t the only rebreather I have owned and I think it is great. It is similar to the APD machines but in a big metal tube as standard. There seems to be a major regional difference in what people use EU vs US. Partly this may be down to the CE testing requirements in the EU but also they are much more common here and people tend to adopt what they see being used.
There are lots of JJs in use over here. Not so many AP units anymore, 10yrs ago they were much more common. I still see them occasionally though

There are lots of JJs in use over here. Not so many AP units anymore, 10yrs ago they were much more common. I still see them occasionally though

Given that I see almost no used JJ's for sale, should I infer that JJ owners are happy with their units? Clearly KenGordon does, per his post above. I do see the occasional used Meg for sale, but maybe there are just more of them out there? Mel teaches on both the Meg and JJ, so I'm covered either way on that count. One thing I've gleaned from all the threads here is that my first unit should probably be a used one :)

Inspiration Rebreather
You don't pay my bills.....but it would be very kind on your part if you do so
Boyle is merciless!

I especially like his last wish list item :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I review my AP documents whenever I have a break in diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom