Suggested CCR Reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrBlenny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After telling myself I'd never switch to CCR, I'm beginning to hear the siren call and am going to do a try-dive on a Sidewinder next Spring in Tulum... Until then, do any of you have recommend/favorite books on the subject to keep me busy until then? Although I have a couple of units that interest me, I'm trying to keep an open mind and learn everything I can.

Also, my primary reasons for moving to CCR would be photography and caves. More bottom time and no bubbles would be awesome :)

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Following along as I was about to post an identical thread, see CCR down the road some and want to start learning what I can now.

Most books are a little out dated, but if you keep that in mind

Jeff Bozanic - Mastering Rebreathers
Jeff Bozanic - Understanding Rebrethers
Mel Clarck - Rebreathers Simplyfied
Jill Heinerth - The Basic of Rebreather Diving

unfortunately there is no up to date books

Most books are a little out dated, but if you keep that in mind

Jeff Bozanic - Mastering Rebreathers
Jeff Bozanic - Understanding Rebrethers
Mel Clarck - Rebreathers Simplyfied
Jill Heinerth - The Basic of Rebreather Diving

unfortunately there is no up to date books

I've read the Heinerth book, felt it was dated (only in description of current market offerings in CCR) and also looking for something a little more in-depth. That book is good for someone who has only just heard of rebreathers, if you've already done some reading/observing/talking to buddies with a breather/etc then you won't get too much out of it.

Back
Top Bottom