Sidewinder Petrel Cables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree the pocket thing sounds horrible, I was not even considering this an option. I would only use two Petrels if they were wrist mounted. Kiss confirmed today that they can make the second cable the correct length.

As for the cable getting tangled in bungee or B/O's I'm not to sure how this would differ from the regular left side computer. Having a computer on the right wrist would not very any different than the left. Also my other unit is Triton with two Petrel's I used with the same Xdeep harness, normal loop bungees, and dive it often with 4 B/O's and never had any tangling issues.
Simply that the computer cable is likely running behind your back, between the weight plate and the wing, and coming out the same area as the bungees (as opposed to straight out of the head on the left side). One more thing to route when building but not really an issue.

Just an update for any that are interested and just so if someone later on in the future has the same question they can find this post for information.

Just heard back from KISS and turns out Mike actually runs 2 Petrels also (one on each wrist) and for the further away right wrist his total overall cable length from head to Petrel gland is 41"

Does anyone know what each pin does on the four pin connector, and how it differs from the five pin version (DiveCAN)?

Is the four pin version as simple as three voltage lines (one for each sensor) plus a ground?

What's carried on each pin in the five pin version? (e.g. JJ-CCR)

Are there specific reasons why a five pin Petrel couldn't be engineered (by Shearwater) to accept an adapter for a four pin connection--rather than hardware refit--and just be smart enough to switch signal modes accordingly (or manually)? Maybe for the "Petrel 4?" 😆

Back
Top Bottom