AA just cancelled my flight to Coz 7/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can always save yourself from the indignaties of flying in the post Covid reality and driveView attachment 598625
lol, that would be shorter than our drive in June.

mexico-route.jpg

I once looked at driving to Monterey then flying to CZM or CUN. It was quit a bit cheaper but not worth the effort.

lol, that would be shorter than our drive in June.
His was 3,124 miles from Pennsylvania altho I don't see how his trip plan includes I-40. Your adventurous route was 2,624 miles altho longer hours.

I once looked at driving to Monterey then flying to CZM or CUN. It was quit a bit cheaper but not worth the effort.
Yeah, I won't even drive half of that to board in DFW. I have read about Alta* California people driving to the border with Tijuana to leave their car on the US side, cross a skywalk, and fly out of there.

*Alta California is the middle part, from San Diego to halfway to San Francisco. They call it Southern California, which is wrong. That part is south of San Diego.

*Alta California is the middle part, from San Diego to halfway to San Francisco. They call it Southern California, which is wrong. That part is south of San Diego.

You might be the only person that knows this. I've lived here all my life, not far from Los Angeles, and I've always believed I've lived in Southern California...

I'll start spreading the word, but it'll take a while. There's 20 million of us.

Although, if it helps with orientation (southern, middle, northern) it's worth pointing out that San Francisco is not in Northern California. As compared to the length (i.e. north-south) of the state, San Francisco is barely north of the midpoint.

When about about 4 guys pull along side you just after the border and ask how are you doing and where are you going, smile be polite and tell them you are going to Cozumel. Once established that you are not a rival cartel or law enforcement they should let you pass.

When about about 4 guys pull along side you just after the border and ask how are you doing and where are you going, smile be polite and tell them you are going to Cozumel. Once established that you are not a rival cartel or law enforcement they should let you pass.
What if they decide you look rich enough to bring them a lot of ransom money?

Use the Nuevo Laredo route, the Zeta remnants seem to keep a little more discipline on their sicario's. I would not go near the Matamoras / Reyonosa area as the internal factions CDG fighting each other ran out of money a while back and allowed their troops to 'earn' off the local population.
After that toll roads and daylight for the rest of the trip. I do wonder what will happen with internal banditry and corrupt security forces as Mexicos economic collapse continues. Their social safety net is minimal.
Ransom money most often doesn't work, if they have you for more than a few hours ransom or not you are probably not getting away.

Use the Nuevo Laredo route, the Zeta remnants seem to keep a little more discipline on their sicario's. I would not go near the Matamoras / Reyonosa area as the internal factions CDG fighting each other ran out of money a while back and allowed their troops to 'earn' off the local population.
After that toll roads and daylight for the rest of the trip. I do wonder what will happen with internal banditry and corrupt security forces as Mexicos economic collapse continues. Their social safety net is minimal.
Ransom money most often doesn't work, if they have you for more than a few hours ransom or not you are probably not getting away.
Hell no! Take the Colombia bridge crossing and avoid Laredo like the plague. There are weekly reports at the On the Road in Mexico facebook page about people getting stopped by cartel assbags right after crossing into NL and the policia are doing zero about it.

Back
Top Bottom