AA just cancelled my flight to Coz 7/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got an email from AA. We had planned and booked our trip to Coz, for 7/28 to 8/5, months before the coronavirus became an issue, and I've been holding on to hope that it could still happen. But AA just cancelled our flight there on July 28, the afternoon flight from DFW to CZM.

I'll look for options, but it seems the airlines will be reshuffling some schedules over the next few months.

Just got an email from AA. We had planned and booked our trip to Coz, for 7/28 to 8/5, months before the coronavirus became an issue, and I've been holding on to hope that it could still happen. But AA just cancelled our flight there on July 28, the afternoon flight from DFW to CZM.

I'll look for options, but it seems the airlines will be reshuffling some schedules over the next few months.
Thanks for the post.

That happens these days, but assuming you're leaving from LAX, they're still selling tickets like that.

000.jpg

Thanks Don... I just got a chance to check out the AA website, and found that DFW to CZM flight is still active. Interesting that they sent me an email cancelling my reservation. I'll have to give them a call.

To be fair, they said that "one of your flights was canceled and we're unable to re-book your trip." I assumed it was the DFW to CZM flight, but now I realize its more likely they're reshuffling the domestic schedule... and my flight into Dallas was the one that was cancelled.

Sorry for the false alarm.

That's cheaper than NYC to coz or cancun. WTF?

That's cheaper than NYC to coz or cancun. WTF?
Not if you're flexible on dates and long layovers.

Definitely dig into alternatives. United stranded me in Honolulu...well...they stranded me in the Marshall Islands..had to arrange "alternate transportation" via the US gov't to get back to US soil - THEY abandoned me in Honolulu...where United then stranded me again. It wasn't a matter of routes being canceled, just many individual flights canceled and rebooking folks on fewer/smaller aircraft due to substantially reduced demand. Took an extra few days to find my way back to the mainland, but they still worked it. Annoyingly, United refused to comp any lodging costs caused by their delays.

Point being, you may very well still be able to make it, just not on the original schedule. Might want to pay some thought to the idea that if it's that difficult to get there, are you comfortable with the "getting home" leg of the trip, even if things go downhill again while you're there?

I think it pays to keep on top of things and be proactive right now with the airlines. I never fly American, but am a frequent flyer with their partner Alaska Airlines. Anyway, I booked a flight to Florida through American. Multi City. Flying into West Palm Beach from Portland, OR in 2 weeks and then back home from Miami. 7 days diving out of West Palm and Boynton Beach, followed by 4 days diving in Key Largo. I downloaded the American app to my phone this morning in preparation and pulled up my flight info and got a notice that they had cancelled my return flight from Miami (mid afternoon on July 7th). They transferred me to an early morning 7:30am flight. So, I now lose a morning of diving that I had planned on the 6th and they never e-mailed or contacted me directly about the change. I randomly found out because I downloaded the app and put in my flight info. I immediately called my friends that are scheduled for the same flight out of Miami. Both of us with a connecting flight through Phoenix, but different end destinations. They went online and found out the same- they had also been transferred to the 7:30am flight. They are American Airline regulars and also didn't get any notification.

Yeah, American still has not notified me or my daughter who bought separate tickets that they canceled our Lubbock to Phoenix flights in late July. I had done a random check and saw that they have us going thru DFW now to & from Fresno.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom