• I have backup gear for my own personal use

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • I have backup gear primarily for visitors

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have lots of gear and regularly change things up

Votes: 52 42.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

come clean, this is actually my wife asking, isn't it???

upload_2020-6-2_15-56-31.png

upload_2020-6-2_15-57-13.png

more elsewhere....

Yes, I need help... :surrender:

(there are however three divers in the family - just my way of rationalizing)

We each have an extra computer and an extra mask, and they always go with us on trips. The only truely extra stuff is little stuff (wetsuit boots and gloves, spools, smbs) that has more value as extras than I could get from selling it used.

15-20 yrs ago I tinkered with PCs a lot. From that I learned that if something has value now and I don’t really need it, it should be sold quickly before its value drops. I try to maintain this discipline and sell things I don’t need (usually after some upgrade purchaseand esp. valuable items). The value of used gear generally will not go up.

That said, I do buy used gear I don’t need if the price is quite good and the investment not too great. There are always students who need a computer ASAP, not next time a good deal comes around.

Yes, I do the same as well. Got a second Perdix, Geo 2.0 went up for sale. Figured my thick drysuit undersuit doesn't work for me. Up for sale, as well. The only truly "spare" reg I've got is a first stage and my first octo. Holding on to that to use for a deco bottle when I eventually move to using two.

Yes, I do the same as well. Got a second Perdix, Geo 2.0 went up for sale. Figured my thick drysuit undersuit doesn't work for me. Up for sale, as well. The only truly "spare" reg I've got is a first stage and my first octo. Holding on to that to use for a deco bottle when I eventually move to using two.

In general I don't sell any of my stuff
Dive related I've decided NOT to become a hoarder.
Not that I have a lot of stuff, but I started out with jacket style BCD and then switched towards bp/w. At first I thought of keeping the jacket style BCD. Afterwards I realized myself that would be foolish since the chance of switching back is close to nothing. So I got rid of the jacket style BcD last weekend.
I made a new diver happy with an AGAN BCD at a nice price.
I'm happy bc I can reinvest the money in some new equipment.
*opens Suunto and Garmin website* :whistling:
(Thank God the BF is a tech diver himself...And let's not talk about his stash)

I have enough gear to fully outfit 5 or 6 recreational divers or three tech divers. I don't loan my gear to students or others because of the liability. I use different rigs for different conditions, types of dives, and what I feel like using at the time.

In fact, I have to keep 1/2 my gear at the shop usually because my apartment isn't big enough for all of it if I want to move around easily. Right now there are 2 al 80's and an LP85 in the kitchen.

Yes on the back-ups, seconds, et al. Enough to outfit a couple others, or for different conditions/situations or various underwater jobs. It's ALL important! (Wife rolls her eyes at this point...)

In general I don't sell any of my stuff
I'm happy bc I can reinvest the money in some new equipment.
*opens Suunto and Garmin website* :whistling:
(Thank God the BF is a tech diver himself...And let's not talk about his stash)

Suunto? Garmin? :facepalm::fear: Has BF not introduced you to Our Lord and Savior Shearwater?

:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom