Lending Gear yay or nay

Are you ok to lend your gears to others?

• Yes

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anything in my SADK is there to SAD. If someone needs something, of course I'll provide it if I can.
If it's not a single use item, (like tools or bolt snaps) I expect it to be returned.
If it's a single use item with a not insignificant monetary value, I expect some sort of compensation. That may be in the form of a drink at the bar, a comparable replacement, or cold hard cash.
O-rings, zipties, bungees, line, et cetera everybody's welcome to.

Anything mechanical (regulators), electronic (computers), or sized to me (BCD/fins/exposure protection), I'm not lending to anyone.
My awesome Divesoft gas analyzer I'll let you use under supervision.

A mask, spool, reel, or dSMB I would consider, but if I need it, I want it back. Sorry if you're no longer able to dive but I'm not giving up my dives for anybody else. I made the investment to have a backup, that investment is going to benefit me before it's going to benefit anyone else.

Anything I lend out I expect to have returned in a similar condition you received it in. If it's brand spanking new, you better baby it. If it's already all banged up, I don't really care if it gets banged up some more.

Was mostly solo diving during a weekend liveboard somewhere remote (Musandam for @Searcaigh) when the trip host (a friend)asked if I would dive with one of his dive friends. I was okay with it.
One of her fin buckles snapped during the dive. I ended up giving her my fin and attached her fin to my waist buckle with a bolt snap.

I Answered yes. However I must say that I don't lend gear to just everyone, only a select group of fellow (tech) divers. It's usually about a set of doubles, stages, regs., stuff like that. Should I need an extra stage I, can always lend one too without questions asked.

Ypu should add another option to the poll. That being "it depends".
That's the only one I would click

Only to my third world DM so they can keep up with me, I tell them they can borrow but NOT keep it. I benefit by lending because he is my dive buddy. That being said I did that in Dominican Republic and regret it because they are all hustlers there. In Philippine I can lend they are more honest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom