Rebreathers JJ-CCR stolen!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C by Sea

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Divers - WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are looking for our Rebreathers and the impostor who stole them, brand JJ-CCR, in Sweden in November2018.
He calls himself Yngve Thorsen and probably has a dive buddy named Thomas Holseth
As we know he is resident in Norway (norwegian speaking) and he himself has stated his home adress StØhaugbrauta 4, Langevåg.
He has a profile on facebook with a wolf as profile picture, date of birth 14 May -67 (see picture)
The profile is very likely fake but if someone has had contact with him there and has some information that can help please let us know!
He says he has a job with lot of travelling (project leader for some oil company) especially to Iraq / Kurdistan and he has been seen diving last summer in Plura, among other places. He has probably been active at a diving club in Ålesund
Appearance: about 180 cm long, dark brown pretty short "ruffled" hair, mustache, normally built.
Estimated age 35-40 years.

The two rebreathers he has stolen have serial numbers 1118-11060 and 1118-11059 (photos for model), never used/new.
We are thankful for all information available about this person and/or our rebreathers! Contact information for people who know him, family / relatives, where he works, PHOTO etc
He might have lied for you as well, and then also committed a crime of identity, but some other divers know him by the name Yngve Thorsen.

This has been reported to the police in Sweden and Norway, but we are begging for your help to find out where he is - We allow thieves in our diving community.
PLEASE SHARE!

Rasmus rasmus@divingunlimited.se
Carina +46703447331, carina@divingunlimited.se

Yngve fb.png
jj4.jpeg
jj1.jpg

The news is all over the local diving-related FB groups already, but keep spreading it.

I'd dearly love to see this dude get caught. As do nearly all divers in this part of the world who have heard about this.

The address he gave is fake, though. But if he really has been active in the club environment I truly believe that it's just a matter of time before someone can identify him. It's a rather small community.

Wow, so sorry to hear. So how did this happen? How do they know who took them? Was this a break in? Mail fraud?

So how did this happen? How do they know who took them? Was this a break in? Mail fraud?
Given the amount of (fake or real) info they have on the guy, I'd guess fraud. Probably in person. The distance from where the crook claims to hail to the shop that's missing two rebreathers is some 500-1000km, which is a distance many over here are willing to drive (and can well do during a moderately long day) if we think it worthwhile.

Disclaimer: I'm engaging in pure speculation here.

Man thats bad. They do look new and they don't look cheap! :( k

Any news?
Not that I've heard of. It's been awfully quiet since it was posted all around FB last week

they don't look cheap!
They aren't. AFAIK you can get a fairly decent used car for what a 'breather costs.

Doing progress, got some tips and its reported to the police
Will post when we can share more information
Thanks for asking!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom