How many SB'ers have you met?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only 1 I think. She's never on here anymore.
When I meet divers here in Belize I ask a LOT of them if they are registered on here. Only a couple have said they know of the site but aren't regulars at all.
It's kind of funny. Because after logging on here for almost 8 years now I mistakenly get the impression that every diver in the world is on here.

But I have met and dived (free) with about 5 members from Spearboard.

I met Dr Bill through Scubaboard on Catalina when he was nice enough to meet us at the shop and have dinner and drinks that night, and we continue to be friends. I met Nemrod at the Legends of Diving event at Portage Quarry in Ohio.

I already knew Dr Sam Miller III through an LDS owner here and spent time with him in Ohio and Pismo Beach and dove with his son Dr Sam Miller IV in Catalina . I already knew Warren L, Dave S (or Shrek), Bob H (forgot his screen name), Chantal (forgot her screen name), Brooke, Jay R, Steve R (Scuba Steve or some variation who doesn't come on anymore) and so many other local divers.

There are probably more that I didnt realize were on SB... What a great resource in bringing divers together!

Hundreds since 2006...no I'm not kidding

I've attended many Scubaboard events: Vorterfest, 3 Megadives, ITK, 1 Cozumel Invasion, 3 DitchWork&Dive Days at Catalina...then there are the Blue Heron Bridge Trolls. Now add the many tradeshows, from DEMA, ScubaShow, Our World Underwater, Beneath the Sea, etc. And the cherry topping the whipped cream is living and working in Key Largo where so many SBers come to dive and I get to meet them, sometimes they dive with the shop where I work, sometimes they just drop in to say hi :wavey: and sometimes I even get to dive with them.

My first friendly SBer was Joystershell, who offered to split a hotel room with me at DEMA 2006 and she has become one of my BFFs (even shares her Mom with me :hugs: ).

Most importantly, at the Scubaboard booth at DEMA 2006 I met one special SBer, who unbeknownst to me would in 2009 became the best part of my life. :Kissy:.

I've met a bunch. But then we have some of the best diving in the world and the Blue Heron Bridge. Lots of visitors and a pretty good sized local community. On occasion, the local (and not so local) Conch Divers will arrange get togethers. Some events have drawn SB'ers form other states. (BHB Turkey Fry.)

My tanks all have "SplitLip" decals as do my cars. At the last Florida Dive Show my badge said splitlip so I get a few walk ups.

I have met number of the local divers who have screenames on SB. Some I knew before and some because of SB.
Of the 'big names' I have only met Dr. Bill and that was years before SB was around.
There have been others but the topic of SB never came up in conversations.

None yet, because I am new to diving and the board, and because I live in an area with water too cold for most of the people I talk to.... If I'd gotten on the board before I went to Key Largo this past fall, that number might be higher, but I live in Maine, land of the cold, dark water, and tend to be too busy to travel much.

However, I have met many cool people on here and talk to them frequently via site chat room. They've taught me a lot, just in passing in the chat room.

Quite a few. I've had great dives set up before hand via SB while planning a trip to a new area. It's a wonderful resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two that I know for sure go on ScubaBoard (because I found them there and did some nice dives with them), but I'm sure a few more people go on ScubaBoard with whom I dive. I just don't talk to others about ScubaBoard in face-to-face conversation.

7 so far.
2 I found out were members after we met.
1 I introduced to SB.
The rest I met on SB first.

I've talked with a few over the phone that I have not met in person.

Edit: I li....er, mis-spoke: I've met several at a dive club meeting who are also members of CHUM
http://www.chumclub.org/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom