Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Changes got me too.....my problems and experiences are all in this thread. There were many people, Steve, Howard, Cave Diver, NWGreatfuldiver and others who offered suggestions and I made sure to post my results. The final result was that I went to IE8, deleted SB Cookies, updated Java and flash and 99% of my issues were gone. Every once in a while I will get the "tab left" issue when I go advanced, but that little compatability view button on IE8 fixes it every time. It runs a little slower currently, but I have chosen to wait until all of the updates etc. are finished by Howard et al. Been hanging around forums and message boards for a looong time, and change is inevitable. I guess you just gotta be flexible. I wouldn't even want to go search out another board. I get what I need here and there are people I like to "listen" to and learn from, so I decided to just do whatever I had to to get the initial problem fixed while the other issues were going to hopefully be addressed at some point in the future.

My .02 worth to those who are ragging is to be a giver :) Try being part of the solution............It's rewarding.

Minor rant off. Thanks,

Read the thread before making silly statements like this.

I would but it's unusable, here's just one example. I've surfed more hours than I ever should in one life and only got this from you, stop the denial.

ishot-2.jpg

Hey I just saw a Thanks button...!!

Reactions: Jax
And there were no ads before? You will make up a story to support what you see so why bother? Advertising is not new to SB. You want to begrudge SB for wanting to make a bit of money.....nice :shakehead:. I do not see that error. Ever stop to think maybe it is something on your side since others do not see it? Of course you have not. It is the cheap shots where you accuse them of putting the advertising dollar before the member that makes you look like.....well like you do.

I would but it's unusable, here's just one example. I've surfed more hours than I ever should in one life and only got this from you, stop the denial.

View attachment 95526

Well, I'm done, the quick reply just erased my long reply to this. Have a good time making money with a site only for IE9 users, ignoring Apple, the fastest growing segment in the computer market.

ishot-3.jpgishot-3.jpg

The SB volunteers who are sacrificing their time and effort to make the board work don't owe it to the users to try to have better bedside manner during this difficult transition. The users don't owe it to the volunteers (who they'll probably never meet in person) to communicate with respect, patience, and some benefit of the doubt. But wow, this would all go better for everyone if both sides made more of an effort anyway.

Reactions: Jax
I feel like we've been communicating with respect, and I certainly try to be patient, but this recent "upgrade" has left one of my favorite sites so slow that I'm checking in less and less. I brought home a new computer today, with a brand new clean install of Snow Leopard, and it's just as bad as it was on the old G5.

I feel like we've been communicating with respect, and I certainly try to be patient, but this recent "upgrade" has left one of my favorite sites so slow that I'm checking in less and less. I brought home a new computer today, with a brand new clean install of Snow Leopard, and it's just as bad as it was on the old G5.

I am with you.....so slooooooowwwww it took me 5 minutes to respond to this post....and it is even worse here at home I can only get DSL and it is almost impossible to get on the forums :-( no likey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom