Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO, Firefox 4 is NOT a good thing to try to mitigate anything. . . . :rolleyes:

IMO, Firefox 4 is NOT a good thing to try to mitigate anything. . . . :rolleyes:
Really? :confused: FF is all I have used here for years, and version 4 since it came out. If one is having problems on FF, then Google Chrome is a fine alternative to try. IExplorer really sucks.

Really? :confused: FF is all I have used here for years, and version 4 since it came out. If one is having problems on FF, then Google Chrome is a fine alternative to try. IExplorer really sucks.

I loved the previous Firefox, but recently upgraded to 4. I'm not liking it . . . Seems like FF is trying to look like IE, while IE 9 is trying to look like FF.

I've been using FF4 for months and the upgrade to VB4 went pretty seamlessly for me. It has a few quirks that took some getting used to, but functionality has been fine.

I've been using FF4 for months and the upgrade to VB4 went pretty seamlessly for me. It has a few quirks that took some getting used to, but functionality has been fine.

I accede the problem is probably PEBCAK as I've been on it only three days; I'll stick by "It's not a good change to try to deal with the new SB". :wink:

Go to View -> Toolbars and click on Menu bar, Nav bar and Add-on bar only. Then click on Customize and push all your navicons (reload, home, stop, print etc.) into the nav bar anywhere you want.

Voila!! FF 3.6 with all the 4.0 functionality and shadowed buttons. In two vertical spaces plus the Tab bar. You can even put the Tab bar above the navbar if desired - click Tabs on Top. I pushed my top 10 bookmarked webpages into the space next to the Menu bar.

I'm with CD, using Win7, FF4 or IE9, I've had zero problems as described by others in this and other support threads. I'm also testing on an XP netbook (no OS upgrades ever) using Chrome and an XP SP2 release desktop with IE8. I haven't been able to reproduce any of the reported problems others are having on any of my test machines. (well the netbook is a little slow...)

Personally I don't understand why people keep old browsers - mine are set to auto-update when there's a new release.

Most of the support problems I've tried to help with over the last week are with posters still using IE7. Most times an upgrade to IE8/9 solves the problem. Doesn't IE8 even look/work mostly like IE7?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
Personally I don't understand why people keep old browsers - mine are set to auto-update when there's a new release.

Because Flash Player doesn't support 64-bit systems ... but if you know a solution, I'd love to hear it!

That's why I run IE8 32-bit on Vista 64-bit platform, so I can run Flash. I tried to download IE9 32-bit, but system said "Nope, wrong stuff." I use the latest Firefox most of the time, but I've found that no browser that I've used (IE, FF, Opera) can make Scubaboard run as fast as it did before the "upgrade."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom