Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SB Mobile is now available here -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=107

I will have the m.scubaboard.com link updated.

While this mobile style isn't perfect. It's all I can do right now. So bear with it.

Yes I read the part where it isn't perfect and/or finished.

But omfg. My iPhone kept directing me to the mobile site and it was bloody tedious trying to get back to the main site. I would like to reiterate my previous sentiments that change is scary. IMO there are very few mobile versions of sites that are worth using, I hope this will be one of them. Hope the final versions will be up soon before I claw my eyes out.

Yes I read the part where it isn't perfect and/or finished.

But omfg. My iPhone kept directing me to the mobile site and it was bloody tedious trying to get back to the main site. I would like to reiterate my previous sentiments that change is scary. IMO there are very few mobile versions of sites that are worth using, I hope this will be one of them. Hope the final versions will be up soon before I claw my eyes out.

Have you tried the Tapatalk iPhone app?

.......before I claw my eyes out.

Now, if you do not like the Mobile version, what would make you think the braille version is any better?

Howard, you have helped people through everything that you could and thank you for that.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all that is done behind the scenes to keep this board ip and running. I'm simply venting at how this interim period is at times driving me nuts, and was in no way a jab at anyone.

Haz, I haven't tried it yet, but will be downloading it shortly.

skimresources script still failing on OS X and Firefox 3.6 on the main page.

Mobile version does not work on my blackberry at all. Old style was fast and easy to use and get to. It acts now like its going to the regular site and then redirecting to a big blank screen.

Mobile version does not work on my blackberry at all. Old style was fast and easy to use and get to. It acts now like its going to the regular site and then redirecting to a big blank screen.

Have you tried Tapatalk for BB? I know I probably sounds like a billboard for Tapatalk. I'm not, and don't love the software, but do love native solutions for mobile devices. And Tapatalk works quite well with SB. I never used the mobile version of the web site.

Hey great work. 2 things:
I still cant seem to get to chat sometimes, tells me server is busy try again.
Are animated gifs enabled for regular users?

Thanks,
Ram

I hope there are some major internal benefits to this "update", because I've seen no increased functionality, and consistent major slowdowns, both on my home computers and my iPhone.

I think we mostly need to live and function with this interim situation until the ultimate solution is ready to launch. I've seen worse here over the years. This ain't bad. For those having problems, please try a real computer, different browser, clearing SB cookies and cache and look for solutions more, ok...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom