Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halemanō;5893675:
OK, I have cleared ALL cookies from both Safari and Firefox, and both still operate the same as before I cleared ALL cookies; I can log into the Forums, but not to the Photo Gallery. I can be logged in and when I open the Photo Gallery home page I am not logged in. When I try to log in to the Photo Gallery I get this message;
At the top of that message page, I can click on Forums and when that page opens I am logged in. :idk:

Could it be the macron? I have to Copy/paste my username ever since Cave Diver added the macron to halemanō. :idk:
Since I don't have a Mac to test with can you try Firefox in Parallels?

It could be the macron. Our system sees you as with it. I just tried searching for halemano and that comes up invalid.

Also, FWIW, for giggles I clicked on the Photo Gallery up top and wouldn't you know it, I was not logged in according to that page. Today it is not an impact to me but what halemano is saying seems to be the same for me (using IE8).
What happened when you tried to login to the Photo Gallery?

What happened when you tried to login to the Photo Gallery?

It accepted my credentials and actually logged me in. Is it the function of the photo gallery to require an additional login?

It accepted my credentials and actually logged me in. Is it the function of the photo gallery to require an additional login?
I'm actually not sure. The gallery is a completely different module and maybe there's some linkage that needs to still be done after the upgrade. It may have to wait till we update to the new skin also - IDK.

All I've noticed is that since I logged into the gallery the other day I have not had to repeat it. Let us know if that's not the case with you.

FWIW, every time I go back to the Gallery I am logged out and have to log back in but my main SB login is remembered so I am OK. This is not a problem for me at this point. I am sure it will be fixed long before it ever becomes one as well.

Since I don't have a Mac to test with can you try Firefox in Parallels?

It could be the macron. Our system sees you as with it. I just tried searching for halemano and that comes up invalid.

So, tentatively my last update until I have success; I plan on next posting to this thread "after" I am able to log into the Photo Gallery. If I make no post after this post, I am still not up to speed in the Photo Gallery.

When I go to the Photo Gallery, and click on "log in" then there are a couple options other than "logging in" - log in problems and register; log in problems allows me to delete the cookies SB identifies (to no avail) and register gives me a message that I am already registered as halemanō.

Not sure about the "Firefox in Parallels" thingy; could you explain a little bit?

Well not sure about an "upgrade", but since the site changed it has been sssllllooooowwww. I guess I could check in weekly instead of daily so I don't waste so much time paging through the threads. I thought it was running just fine before the "upgrade". Now it's the slowest forum to which I am subscribed. Sorry to be a downer, but I feel down about it.

When I go to the Photo Gallery, and click on "log in" then there are a couple options other than "logging in" - log in problems and register; log in problems allows me to delete the cookies SB identifies (to no avail) and register gives me a message that I am already registered as halemanō.
You may have already tried this but what happens when you try to login as halemanō - using the macron - cutting and pasting it into the gallery login box?

halemanō;5893975:
Not sure about the "Firefox in Parallels" thingy; could you explain a little bit?
I assumed from your reference to Safari that you use a Mac.

Parallels is an $80 program that allows a Mac to emulate a Windows PC. So you can run Windows applications simultaneously. Virtualization & Automation Solutions for Desktops - Parallels

So I thought if Firefox was working on your system under Parallels then it might be more of a Mac-related issue.

What computer/operating system/browser versions are you running? I was able to find an answer to a previous problem in the .vBulletin forums for another member with similar issues.

You may have already tried this but what happens when you try to login as halemanō - using the macron - cutting and pasting it into the gallery login box?

What computer/operating system/browser versions are you running? I was able to find an answer to a previous problem in the .vBulletin forums for another member with similar issues.

OK.

My "desktop" is my old PowerBook (1.67 Ghz, w/ FireWire 800), OS X (10.4.11), Firefox (3.6.17), Safari (4.1.3)

My laptop is a MacBook (2.4 Ghz Duo), OS X (10.5.8), Safari (5.0.5)

Both systems are the same with regards to the Photo Gallery, and the PowerBook operates the same with either Safari or Firefox. I can only log into SB by copy/paste, I am remembered on both machines, then I navigate to the Photo Gallery and I am not logged in, can not log in, and when I click on "register" it says I am logged in, then when I navigate back to the Forums I am still logged in. :idk:

I just spent about 20mins. on the .vBulletin support site trying to find a resolution but had no success.

There was one non-specific post that seemed like a similar problem but there was no resolution ever posted.

I've logged into the Photo Gallery this morning using FF 3.6x with no issues.

Want to try removing the macron from your username to see if that works? IDK if it will make any difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom